< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Two New Glocks Coming  (Read 2097 times)

Offline Laufen

• Post approval required
Two New Glocks Coming
« on: August 15, 2017, 08:48:07 PM »
From down here in the land of Glock, comes two new *yawn* models.

These are just rumors, but friends in the industry vouch for it.

There's also a 19, but yo get the idea.

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
Re: Two New Glocks Coming
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 08:39:49 PM »
Hmmm, so steel sights, front serrations and "extended controls", is that it? Nothing wrong with it, but that isn't a ton of upgrades for a $665 MSRP, imo.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 08:29:50 AM »
I'd like to see Glock make a 10mm carbine that uses the same magazines as the pistols, and if loyal Americans ever retake control of government it could be offered in select fire, between single shot and triburst.  And of course an optional suppressor.  Maybe a ten or so inch barrel.  And maybe break down easy so it could be carried in a small bag like the Kel Tec carbine...  That'd be a useful addition to their line.  I might even buy one.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Laufen

• Post approval required
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 09:34:07 AM »
Hmmm, so steel sights, front serrations and "extended controls", is that it? Nothing wrong with it, but that isn't a ton of upgrades for a $665 MSRP, imo.
That's it...wash, rinse, repeat.  That's Glocks R&D strategy.

Offline Laufen

• Post approval required
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 09:34:32 AM »
I'd like to see Glock make a 10mm carbine that uses the same magazines as the pistols, and if loyal Americans ever retake control of government it could be offered in select fire, between single shot and triburst.  And of course an optional suppressor.  Maybe a ten or so inch barrel.  And maybe break down easy so it could be carried in a small bag like the Kel Tec carbine...  That'd be a useful addition to their line.  I might even buy one.
Just buy a Kriss Vector.  Solved.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 10:50:23 AM »
Just buy a Kriss Vector.  Solved.
Thanks for the suggestion.  I was actually aware of this, and if I ever have an extra $1500 I'll take a closer look at it ( actually I saw a few as low as $1150, but that was given as the lowest bid the seller would accept, not the actual selling price).  It looks to me though like it has an extra layer of complexity that I didn't like for some reason, though I don't remember what exactly I didn't like about it because it was quite awhile ago I looked at some videos on it.  So I would still like to see Glock make one, simple, sleek, and affordable. 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Laufen

• Post approval required
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 10:53:57 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion.  I was actually aware of this, and if I ever have an extra $1500 I'll take a closer look at it ( actually I saw a few as low as $1150, but that was given as the lowest bid the seller would accept, not the actual selling price).  It looks to me though like it has an extra layer of complexity that I didn't like for some reason, though I don't remember what exactly I didn't like about it because it was quite awhile ago I looked at some videos on it.  So I would still like to see Glock make one, simple, sleek, and affordable.
It's actually a very simple system, and does a tremendous job taming the 10mm.  It'd be a great SBR project for sure.

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 06:05:55 PM »
Big Shots here in Lincoln has posted on Facebook that they've been chosen as one of the first stores to offer new Glock.. They'll be announcing what it is while our meeting is going on in Omaha.

"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline Laufen

• Post approval required
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 09:45:06 AM »
Big Shots here in Lincoln has posted on Facebook that they've been chosen as one of the first stores to offer new Glock.. They'll be announcing what it is while our meeting is going on in Omaha.
Unless different stock sights and front serrations send your heart all aflutter, prepare to be severely underwhelmed.

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2017, 09:18:00 AM »
I'll be in Omaha.
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2017, 10:09:16 AM »
Apparently Big Shots revealed Generation 5 Glock 17 and 19. How many generations does it take to get it right?
-- George Mason

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2017, 10:16:58 AM »
Apparently Big Shots revealed Generation 5 Glock 17 and 19. How many generations does it take to get it right?
:laugh:
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2017, 10:32:24 AM »
I don't know, there are a couple of changes I kind of like... flared magwell and cutout to grip the magazine.  I've never really liked finger grooves...  http://www.recoilweb.com/inside-the-glock-gen-5-129141.html
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.