< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Not too surprising  (Read 2934 times)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: Not too surprising
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2017, 03:29:06 PM »
IMHO they are just simply trying to sweep her under the rug and away from public view because she stirs up so much negative publicity for UNL.

Please allow me to share with you the same opinion.

And please accept my thanks for posting these emails.   I read them all, some more than once.  Messages exchanged between UNL administrators were most revealing.

Seems that their largest concern is not for the harassed student nor for the principle of freedom of speech on campus.   Rather, their concern was that they and the university were being publicly spotlighted for the horrific double-standard which is provided to viewpoints of the Left vs. those of the Right.

The tone of condescension toward the emailers is quite evident.

I retired from the faculty of UNL on January 2 of this current year.  Surely has gone downhill since.  Jeez.....  Maybe if I'da stayed just a little bit longer.....................

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2017, 05:57:03 PM »
After reading all the emails sent to UNL in response to this incident I see no direct or specific threat made against her. The majority of emails received were well written and tactful. To assume she was removed for her safety and the safety of her students is a stretch of the imagination in my opinion.  IMHO they are just simply trying to sweep her under the rug and away from public view because she stirs up so much negative publicity for UNL.

Attached is what the Journal Start received from their FOIA request.
Looks like UNL was/is collectively "Circling the wagons" even though lot's of outsiders weren't too happy.  I'd say par for the course.  Honestly didn't expect anything different.   Damage control is the mantra. 

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2017, 11:59:03 AM »
Depserv .... one MAJOR thing to note ... Nebraska is NOT a Red state, but a very near PURPLE.  Really never was. Yes, it tends to vote strongly Republican, BUT define what a Republican is today.  It certainly does not equate to "Conservative", LESS government, and more freedom. 
Knowing many of our elected officials (note I did not type "leaders"), most play along to get along.  It really is that simple principle of go with the current.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2017, 02:38:00 PM »
Depserv .... one MAJOR thing to note ... Nebraska is NOT a Red state, but a very near PURPLE.  Really never was. Yes, it tends to vote strongly Republican, BUT define what a Republican is today.  It certainly does not equate to "Conservative", LESS government, and more freedom. 
Knowing many of our elected officials (note I did not type "leaders"), most play along to get along.  It really is that simple principle of go with the current.

I agree with that.  But we do have a two-to-one majority of Republicans to Democrats in the legislature, and most of the voters of the state appear to be pro-gun.  It seems like it's not uncommon for an anti-gun bigot to get elected by pretending to be pro-gun, but I have never heard of a patriot pretending to be anti-gun to get elected in this state.  Maybe it's happened and I didn't hear about it but if it ever has happened I'd say the other lie is far more common. 

So if a politician decides to be a political whore, or go along to get along as you say, it would make more sense to me for him to support the right to be armed.  I suppose maybe they fear the wrath of the liberal press, but considering the unpopularity of that big lie machine these days I'd say that fear is misplaced, and I think those in the legislature should be reminded of that.

In any case, if lying politicians are the big problem they appear to be, I think we should look for a solution, and I think recall elections would be a good one.  I would even add that being removed by voter recall should have the same consequences as a felony conviction (except without the jail time), since lying politicians probably do more damage than typical felons, and anything close enough that their vote mattered would have to be voted on again after they were replaced; that would stop political prostitutes from selling their vote and then enjoying their thirty pieces of silver after getting recalled.

This might all seem extreme, but I think it's a big mistake to just sit back and complain about lying politicians and not do anything to stop them.  Maybe someone else has a better idea than mine but I think we should be doing whatever we can to stop this cancer on our democratic system.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.