< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: getting a replacement permit  (Read 2109 times)

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
getting a replacement permit
« on: September 13, 2017, 08:13:30 PM »
 Ill call the state patrol tomorrow, ( thur)   first the good news, I got my 8 ft wide flail mower working on my tractor, spent a lot of time yesterday mowing here,

Bad news, my wallet somehow fell out of my pocket, and must have mowed over it several times,  raked and burned a lot of grass today.  found lots of pieces of most stuff,

So how do I go about getting a new carry permit? do I have to wait until I get me new drivers liscense? 
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: getting a replacement permit
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 08:35:33 PM »
Well there's this little guy right here (which I didn't see the other day while making sure they've updated my contact info):

https://www.nebraska.gov/apps-nsp-chp/

If you know your drivers license number, it appears you can get a replacement online... which would mean you don't need to wait for your new drivers license.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 11:24:16 AM »
Well there's this little guy right here (which I didn't see the other day while making sure they've updated my contact info):

https://www.nebraska.gov/apps-nsp-chp/

If you know your drivers license number, it appears you can get a replacement online... which would mean you don't need to wait for your new drivers license.
  I tried it...seems to work
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 05:24:22 PM »
Very nice! So glad we are finally moving into the 20th Century with our state permitting system.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 06:04:11 PM »
Very nice! So glad we are finally moving into the 20th Century with our state permitting system.

Yea but they are still doing it all using Windows 95 running on 386-16 sx, computers  :o ;D :laugh:
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 06:43:36 PM »
Yea but they are still doing it all using Windows 95 running on 386-16 sx, computers  :o ;D :laugh:
No way.....Really?  It's not even supported now.  Ok, lol.....sarcasm meter needs to be re-calibrated.   Good one.

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 05:48:18 PM »
Windows 95 is fine but I'm surprised a 386 system would have enough processor, memory or hard drive to run it.

Offline WallPhone

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 11:07:42 PM »
I had lost mine, and in addition moved three years ago.  Filled out the form, checked the 'change of address' and 'lost' boxes and got the replacement in ten days, IIRC. Quite a bit more satisfying than waiting 45.