< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Tannerite  (Read 1190 times)

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
Tannerite
« on: September 22, 2017, 08:14:33 PM »
I was in Scheels in Lincoln this afternoon and they had a nice display of tannerite but I didn't buy any even though both my sister and nephew want me to so we can shoot in on the farm, because of this: https://www.statepatrol.nebraska.gov/vnews/display.v/ART/56cfaaf46ffeb  has this changed?
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Tannerite
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 09:46:09 PM »
No, it hasn't changed. It is still on the books even though it is pure silliness. Act according to what you can live with. :P

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 11:18:59 AM »
I was in Scheels in Lincoln this afternoon and they had a nice display of tannerite but I didn't buy any even though both my sister and nephew want me to so we can shoot in on the farm, because of this: https://www.statepatrol.nebraska.gov/vnews/display.v/ART/56cfaaf46ffeb  has this changed?

Interesting, thanks for sharing that link.  I honestly had no idea and always wondered how tannerite was legal, actually reminds me of some goofy NFA rules too.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 05:38:45 PM »
Yep, according to NSP it is not an explosive until it is mixed and at that point you are required to have a license to set it off.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan