< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: See Through Suppressor in Super Slow Motion (110,000 fps) - Smarter Every Day  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
Ever seen what a suppressor actually does internally? How about seeing it at 10K frames per second?
Destin at Smarter Every Day did it and explains it how works.

Even better, they breaks some at high speed as well.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
Want more than what he showed in the video? He also includes a tour of CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park.

Check out his other video from this outing:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 01:33:13 PM by Mali »
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline DenmanShooter

• NFOA Full Member
  • Fear No Evil
    • SolidRed
Thanks for that.  Very interesting!
The golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range!      Jeff  Cooper

Offline orion

• NFOA Full Member
Saw those over on Form 1 Suppressor...cool!

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
Probably the best/most interesting suppressor video I've seen.  Let me get this straight, Form 1 filed to build, pay $200 tax, wait 10-12 months for said stamp to arrive, build suppressor, install it just to have it basically melt/tear threads off and fly down range for the sake of video?   ::)  And, sorry for all the commas, my 7th-11th grade english teacher would be aghast, not to mention the journalism teacher.  :o 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 04:52:48 PM by Les »

Offline justsomeguy

• Defender of the Constitution
  • NFOA Full Member
Probably the best/most interesting suppressor video I've seen.  Let me get this straight, Form 1 filed to build, pay $200 tax, wait 10-12 months for said stamp to arrive, build suppressor, install it just to have it basically melt/tear threads off and fly down range for the sake of video?   ::)  And, sorry for all the commas, my 7th-11th grade english teacher would be aghast, not to mention the journalism teacher.  :o 

Nope

The guy who built them is an SOT.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are." - Marcus Aurelius

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
Ok, so it's only an issue if he transfers it?  Then the whole NFA merry-go-round starts. 

Offline justsomeguy

• Defender of the Constitution
  • NFOA Full Member
Yep
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are." - Marcus Aurelius