< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NRA calling for review  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
NRA calling for review
« on: October 05, 2017, 02:04:37 PM »
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 02:10:43 PM by Les »

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
Re: NRA calling for review
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 03:41:27 PM »
The NRA agrees with gun regulations. That’s what it says. Not surpising, unfortunately.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 03:44:02 PM »
I am very disappointed in the cowardly acts lately of the NRA. First it made no statement for days, and now it says it has decided to become a willing whore of the liberal press by agreeing with the outlawing of the so-called bump stock.  At least that's what it looks like it has done.

The NRA knows full well that this capability is not what made it possible for the Las Vegas killer to have such a high body count. Much higher body counts have been had without the use of any gun at all.  Laws sold by demagogues and based in lies are never a good thing.

You either stand against the liars of the liberal cult in the defense of freedom or the enemy will trample all over our rights. The NRA deciding to submit to this aggression raises the question of what else are they willing to give in on.

Gun Owners of America (GOA) did not cave in on this. It is still standing in support of the right to keep and bear arms. Those fed up with this cowardly act of the NRA can join and donate to GOA instead.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 05:05:12 PM »
👍🏼

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 06:56:31 PM »
Hmmm, I'd sit back and wait till the smoke clears.......Gonna be plenty of smoke.   8)

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 07:53:32 PM »
Some things I was hearing today before the NRA published that statement make it sounds like they have been negotiating a trade for National Reciprocity.  Unless they have already gotten some sort of agreement it would be odd to announce what they did, how they did.  You don't' negotiate in public and you don't give away what you plan to use for negotiations.    I disagree with that trade and I imagine many here do as well.

Offline DenmanShooter

• NFOA Full Member
  • Fear No Evil
    • SolidRed
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 07:55:59 PM »
The ATF will likely not want to contradict themselves.  So they will either not review or if they do review they will agree with themselves so as not to lose face.  If they reverse themselves it could open the door to all sorts of litigation against THE GOVERNMENT and the ATF themselves.

If they uphold their own decision then it deflates the lawmaker's efforts to ban them.  If they reverse the decision, then no need for legislation.

I doubt this is going anywhere. 
The golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range!      Jeff  Cooper

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 08:02:05 PM »
The ATF will likely not want to contradict themselves.  So they will either not review or if they do review they will agree with themselves so as not to lose face.  If they reverse themselves it could open the door to all sorts of litigation against THE GOVERNMENT and the ATF themselves.

If they uphold their own decision then it deflates the lawmaker's efforts to ban them.  If they reverse the decision, then no need for legislation.

I had some similar thoughts

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 09:06:33 PM »
Well, I read the statement and then emailed them my thoughts. I think it probable that I will be ending my membership with the organization. I think other, smaller organizations better represent my interests.

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2017, 10:21:33 PM »
This seems to be the idea at the NRA. It was originally an ATF issue and they should be the ones to address it rather than poorly crafted legislation that could include after market triggers. Not saying I agree, just presenting the thought process at NRA HQ.
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 09:44:41 PM »
As a 31 year Life Member of the NRA, it is shameful that the bodies have not even cooled, the dead buried, and the families allowed to mourn before they've sold more of our Rights down the river in less than a week's time.  Need I remind our members how the NRA Lobbyist met behind closed doors with the OPOA and Sen Hilgers without our knowledge last session to water down LB68 ... the very bill WE helped create?
The idea of "negotiating", "working a deal", "quid pro quo" is a FOOL'S game when dealing with the Left.  The NRA has embarrassed itself by throwing scraps to the hungry lions and expecting it will satiate their hunger. 
Those in the "gun rights" community believing a deal is in the works and lets give a little to gain something ..... get ready .... you will be next to be marched to the box cars with that kind of mindset.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 09:56:41 PM by bullit »

Offline Greybeard

• Bronze Benefactor
  • Live Free or Die!!
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 09:05:16 AM »
I have to agree. Appeasement does not work, one need only look to the negotiations between the US and North Korea or Iran to see how we have been played the fool. The same will play out as regards any attempt to mollify the gun grabbers, we give, and give and give while they keep making more demands. I say we hold the line. Inanimate objects are not the problem. Our right to defend ourselves in not to be infringed, OUR Constitution says so. Nuff said!
WØCHF