< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Sheepdog Seminar November 17th and 18th Omaha Nebraska  (Read 1999 times)

Offline Range Mom

• NFOA Board of Directors
    • Incendio Firearms Training
Sheepdog Seminar November 17th and 18th Omaha Nebraska
« on: October 10, 2017, 06:23:42 PM »
The Well Armed Woman Shooting Chapters in Nebraska are honored to be affiliated with Sheepdog Seminars.  They are a 50 Caliber sponsor and help to bring women to the firearms community.  November 17th and 18th in Omaha is a presentation you don't want to miss. 

Learn about why we all need to adopt the Sheepdog mentality in this day and age.  October 15th, early registration ends. http://www.sheepdogsafetytraining.com/nebraskawaw

IT HAS BEEN SAID THAT THERE ARE 3 KINDS OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD...

...wolves, sheep, and sheepdogs. Most people are sheep - and there's nothing wrong with that. They love peace and quiet, and they are not likely to rise to the occasion should violence strike.

Another kind of person is a wolf. Wolves can be vicious. They will attack a person just because they want their wallet, or choose to rape their daughter. They are evil.

Fortunately, there is a third kind of person in the world: Sheepdogs. Sheepdogs love peace, too. However, they are aware that there is evil in the world. They know the wolves prowl about. They do not crave violence, and wish the world was free of its wars and riots. But they know that heaven with its glory has not yet arrived. And until it does, the sheepdog will take his/her stand against violent people (wolves).

Learn and join with the community of sheepdogs to keep yourself and your loved ones safe!
Trish - NFOA Board President, Founder Incendio LLC

"The possession of arms by the people is the
ultimate warrant that government governs only
with the consent of the governed."

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
Re: Sheepdog Seminar November 17th and 18th Omaha Nebraska
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 09:58:20 AM »
I'm more of a porcupine.  :)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 01:45:41 PM »
Nice, curl up and throw darts!!

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 06:26:10 PM »
 ;)
Hmm, kinda short and prickly?  Full disclosure.....I've seen them in the wild many times and give them a wide berth just like badgers....bad hombres   ;)

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 08:00:05 PM »
Going to consider it, but I just spent money on the USCCA training so I may not be able to do both.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

CC

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 08:07:16 PM »
I was counting on winning the free registration   

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 10:00:04 PM »
I just read an article that you should not be a sheepdog, but should  be a porcupine. Because the sheep dog mentality can lead to  interfering in other peoples affairs, which can get you into trouble. Where as a porcupine goes along minding its own business until something threatens it, then it defends itself.
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline Range Mom

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 09:20:21 PM »
That applies for sure,  but even a Sheepdog has the choice. Porcupine or Sheepdog, just don't be a Sheep!

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 06:45:28 PM »
That applies for sure,  but even a Sheepdog has the choice. Porcupine or Sheepdog, just don't be a Sheep!

or a wolf lol
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline Range Mom

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 10:36:45 PM »
M Morton...yes! Very true!

CC

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 05:10:34 PM »
So who won the contest for the free registration?

Offline Range Mom

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 01:38:04 PM »
Les won the drawing from all the entries we received during the Annual Members Meeting

Offline Range Mom

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2017, 09:58:55 PM »
So all names were put in a hat,  to include those who posted to the forum and those that shared privately. Here's one that was shared privately. Permission received to share. I thought it was a solid example of how quickly some thing can evolve into a situation where defense of self or others may become necessary.

NFOA MEMBERS FORUM » Personal Messages » Inbox
Messages (5)!
New Message
Inbox (5)

Back in March of 2016 at lunch time I took one of my clients to a little family owned authentic Mexican restaurant we've been to literally dozens of times.  Upon entering found a place to sit away from the door and facing it like I always try to do.  AA male in dirty clothes and thigh length black coat and stocking hat appeared to be busing tables, never in 7 years have I ever seen him there.  Server brings over chips and salsa as usual and takes our order.  He goes back and forth throughout the restaurant for a few minutes then sits at a table adjacent to ours (6' away) and keeps looking at us while he's eating from a plate of lettuce and cheese.  My client decided to engage him in conversation (mistake #1) Then proceeds to tell us he's from Omaha down here to find work and "The man is holding him back" all the time getting louder and more angry every time he repeats it.  Also throwing in how he owns this MF restaurant, then asks my client where he works throwing around many expletives and getting louder and more irritated, client tells him where, he says BS. Then asks me where I work, I said nothing the whole time and tried to not make eye contact and kept staring at my client to stop talking to the guy as he was getting more upset by the minute.  Then he screams at the client and tells him to stop looking me, thankfully the client stopped.  Then before I could react he rushed to the table grabbed our chips and salsa, spilled most of it all over and muttered something about food being late and rushed to the back.  I dialed 911 instantly and told the owner we were leaving.  She talked me out of it and about 5 seconds later the guy came walking from the back mean mugging us as he left.  About a minute and half later the street was littered with Police cars. This all happened in around 15 minutes.  They interviewed us wanted to hold him for something as they'd had issues with him before.  Disturbing the peace was it.  A couple days later I was checking mugshots online and found him, after a short online search, turns out he'd done 5 years in Macomb MI for Aggravated Assault with a Dangerous weapon, he's now in Lincoln doing time for 1st degree Arson for trying to burn down an apartment house from which he was being evicted with 75 people inside, and when in custody for that charge he assaulted another inmate.  We had the misfortune of meeting up with him between prison stints.  It took a few minutes for the tremors to go away.  Honestly I didn't think it rose to the level of Lethal Force, quite.  1 guy attacking 2 so no disparity of force, never saw a weapon displayed but by the time I could've drawn he was on top of us.  Before any of the keyboard cowboys start up, stop right now.  Until you've been put into a situation like this I can assure you that you have  absolutely no idea of how you'll respond."

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2017, 08:03:07 AM »
I think the above is made up. There is NO "authentic" Mexican food in Nebraska ;)

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2017, 07:50:49 PM »
I think the above is made up. There is NO "authentic" Mexican food in Nebraska ;)
How about food prepared by authentic Mexicans?

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline Range Mom

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 09:19:58 AM »
How about food prepared by authentic Mexicans?

Greg58

oooh good point... can't deny that. I have some friends who I literally will stop what I am doing and rush over to their house if they are cooking some of my favorites. I have a homemade tamale addiction.  :laugh: