< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Nebraska State Patrol Modernizes Concealed Handgun Permit with Online Services  (Read 3538 times)

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20171017005275/en/Nebraska-State-Patrol-Modernizes-Concealed-Handgun-Permit/?feedref=JjAwJuNHiystnCoBq_hl-Q-tiwWZwkcswR1UZtV7eGe24xL9TZOyQUMS3J72mJlQ7fxFuNFTHSunhvli30RlBNXya2izy9YOgHlBiZQk2LOzmn6JePCpHPCiYGaEx4DL1Rq8pNwkf3AarimpDzQGuQ%3D%3D&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

This is the first I've heard of this... apparently been live since Sept. 12th...

About dang time...

https://www.nebraska.gov/apps-nsp-chp/

October 17, 2017 08:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time
LINCOLN, Neb.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As part of Nebraska’s initiative to make government more effective, efficient, and customer-focused, the State Patrol has partnered with Nebraska Interactive LLC to develop an online service for current concealed handgun permit holders.

This service allows for free replacements for a lost/stolen/damaged permit and free permit updates for name and address changes. It also allows current holders to renew their permit for the statutory fee, in addition to a small processing fee, from anywhere using the new online, mobile-responsive application.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
This was formatted to go August of 2016. It just needed to clear all the regulatory hoops.

Offline ScottC

• NFOA Full Member
I did on-line renewal Dec 14.  New permit arrived Dec 20.  Impressive.

Offline DR4NRA

• NFOA Full Member
It’s nice, I applied for renewal the end of March. New permit showed within 7 business days. Only problem is they don’t give directions on the disposal of the old permit.
D.R

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
It’s nice, I applied for renewal the end of March. New permit showed within 7 business days. Only problem is they don’t give directions on the disposal of the old permit.

There is no requirement for disposal.  Put it in your scrapbook.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Just renewed my NE CHP by using the NSP online renewal system.   Four months to expiration, wanted to pounce on this most important item at the very first opportunity.

Whaddaya Know, the data entry process went quite smoothly, which was extremely surprising, considering that it's a government-concocted system and all that.   My application receipt was at my email box the minute I checked for it.

One noticeable feature is that their credit card charge is a big, fat 9% instead of the more usual 3% normally charged by NGOs.   But then, it wouldn't be the government if it weren't grabbing your money.   

Now, a question for those who have already used this system and received their on-line renewed CHPs.   Namely, how do they handle the full-face picture issue???   Do they use the same old picture from your last CHP??   Or do they go to the government files and extract one of your many face-recognition pictures from the secret archives.

Or Whut..........??

I expected a message at the very end of the on-line process that would direct me to go over to Troop A here in Omaha and get my picture tooken.   Didn't happen.

Your response is invited.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Otterf18

• NFOA Board of Directors
Never ask a question you don’t want to hear the answer to!  😂
Sheldon Otto - NFOA Board Treasurer

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member

Now, a question for those who have already used this system and received their on-line renewed CHPs.   Namely, how do they handle the full-face picture issue???   Do they use the same old picture from your last CHP??   Or do they go to the government files and extract one of your many face-recognition pictures from the secret archives.

They use your most recent DL picture.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Thank You, Doctor, for the clear, timely, straightforward, and unambiguous response.

Yeah...... I was afraid of that.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
They use your most recent DL picture.
Huh, I just assumed they used our last CHP picture, but I compared the two and it seems you are correct.  Not that there's a huge difference between the two, but it's enough that I can tell.

Offline DanS

• NFOA Full Member
Hmm... my last DL picture makes me look like the face on the guy in the bathroom scene in the barracks  in the movie FMJ when the DI comes in. That picture on my CCW permit when I renew, would be interesting. In my defence for the DL picture, it was during Covid madness, when renewning my DL took nearly 1 1/2 hours of sitting watching the TV screen at the DMV, waiting for my "your next" number to show up on it. Not real happy when we got to the picture part.

When I did get my CCW picture taken at the state patrol office, she wanted me to take my glasses off first. Ok.....