< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Krist for governor?  (Read 1911 times)

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
Krist for governor?
« on: October 21, 2017, 12:08:49 AM »
I just received an e-mail from Bob Krist's gubernatorial campaign begging for a donation. I recognize his name but that's all. A search of NFOA's web site produced only one thread which discussed his appointment by former governor Heineman to replace Mike Friend. An internet search turned up the web site votesmart.org that contains his answers to a long list of questions. The answers date from 2010 and they complain that he has refused to answer their questions since then. At that time, he claimed to support the death penalty and assisting federal officials in enforcing immigration laws and, with the exception of background checks for all sales at gun shows, appeared to be strongly pro-gun.

Two questions:
  • How has he behaved over the past seven years?
  • Would he be better for us than Pete Ricketts?

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Krist for governor?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 07:48:21 AM »
Following.  About all I know about him is he left the Republican Party to run as a third-party candidate.  And unless I'm reading/remembering it wrong, he did not help gun owners on LB68.  The only 'yes vote' I can find is on a Chambers motion to return to committee.
The LB68 thread is here: http://nebraskafirearms.org/forum/index.php/topic,16608.0.html
I can't find any positive information about Krist in that thread, on initial look through.

For those of you who do the Facebook thing still: https://www.facebook.com/bobkristne/
and a regular site: http://www.kristfornebraska.com/
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 08:03:17 AM by HuskerXDM »
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 09:02:02 AM »
I would never vote for him.  He's no Republican. Hates guns. I'm sure more people will chime in.

Before he ran this current election, he was seen at Heath Mello's election day party when he ran for Omaha mayor.

ETA: he voted LB68 out of Committee, but EC was gone that day. When EC found out, Krist wanted to get it pulled back to Committee because he didn't read/understand the bill. Same for Morfeld.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 09:06:04 AM by RobertH »
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 02:26:51 PM »
I would never vote for him.  He's no Republican. Hates guns. I'm sure more people will chime in.
THIS!
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 07:15:15 PM »
I will not vote for him either.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 01:23:25 PM »
His policies have been more about which way the political wind blows and less about standing up for what he believes in and he doesn't seem to really care about 2A at all.
I have not met him, but from people I know that have, the guy is a career politician and takes no responsibility for any actions.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 09:36:23 PM »
His policies have been more about which way the political wind blows and less about standing up for what he believes in and he doesn't seem to really care about 2A at all.
I have not met him, but from people I know that have, the guy is a career politician and takes no responsibility for any actions.

sounds like a Male version of Hillary  :laugh:
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 08:40:36 AM »
I hadn't known anything about this guy but after reading this page I know all I need to know about him.  He has the appearance of a sleazy, freedom-hating political whore, making him the epitome of what's wrong with our political system. 

This is why a group like NFOA is such a good thing for those who want to remain free.  Imagine if all we knew about this guy is what we got from the liberal press.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 09:04:25 AM »
His narcissism, arrogance, and ego is on par with "McLame" and "Grahamnesty". 

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 10:58:14 AM »
sounds like a Male version of Hillary  :laugh:
IDK.   I don't think he has had anyone killed....   yet.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2018, 11:11:28 AM »
State Senator Bob Krist gets a big fat F from me. I've watched his performance on the judiciary committee and on the floor of the legislature over the past 8 years. He pays lip service to the 2nd Amendment but has opposed or been skeptical of many of our goals (Uniform Signage for No Guns signs, and Pre-emption). He likes to dance around on the fence on 2nd Amendment issues and gives a lot of "Present - Not Voting" votes I've always thought of him as a RHINO republican and not a conservative by any means. He likes to get in fights with conservative Senators and pulls what I call hissy fits on the floor. In my opinion he has more common ground with Senator Ernie Chambers and former Senator Brad Ashford than with our values and the values of conservative Nebraskans.

He left the Republican Party to become an independent and then in February he finally switched to the Democrat Party. Just like Brad Ashford did. He's finally showing his true colors. Read this article it gives you a good window into his career in the legislature:

http://www.omaha.com/news/politics/gubernatorial-candidate-bob-krist-switches-to-democratic-party/article_51cf6228-a252-5ce5-b00b-47c8ecc46f91.html