< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: TRAINING - Thoughts on the Sutherland Springs, TX Church Shooting  (Read 1197 times)

Offline citizen

• NFOA Full Member

Many people have been asking me about this, so here are a few thoughts.

Thoughts on the Sutherland Springs, TX Church Shooting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sutherland_Springs_church_shooting

Last weekend, our pastor made a comment about the Sutherland Springs, TX church shooting, in his message on 1 Peter.
This church shooting will be seen as another “game changer” for church security. Not only was this the deadliest church shooting so far, it was the reaction by our culture that causes concern. We’ve experienced similar watershed moments of church shootings (New Life, CO; Maryville, IL; Charleston, SC). But Sutherland Springs attack will be worst yet because of how it revealed how the culture views the Christian Church.

Something significant happened after this church shooting that we really haven’t seen before in these high-profile shootings. During the aftermath some terrible things were said about the faith/victims from some outspoken liberals of the Hollywood elite. Instead of a call for compassion for this church community, they were literally ridiculed and mocked for their faith.

Laura Ingram and Fox News (yes I know) were the only ones that I have found that have reported on this issue. I don’t care if you’re a liberal or a conservative. I don’t care if you listen to Fox News or MSNBC. Something has changed. And in the words of our pastor this last weekend, American culture isn’t changing against the church, IT ALREADY HAS. (1 Pet. 4:1-16) are VERY interesting verses to read in light of this. The culture has changed. Here are a few links to the stories:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/11/06/laura-ingraham-aftermath-texas-church-shooting-shows-hostility-people-faith
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/11/05/wil-wheaton-angers-people-faith-with-furious-tweet-at-paul-ryan.html
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2017/11/06/you-need-jesus-joy-reid-sinks-to-twisted-new-low-shames-prayer-after-texas-church-shooting/

The fact that people said these horrible things about the victims of a tragedy is one thing. But the more alarming fact is that other than a few conservative commentators, it was a non-story. I think this incident gives us an important clue about where we are headed in the near future.

I believe this incident and more importantly, the culture’s reaction to the incident is significant. This type of cultural shift has the potential to draw more violence towards churches. If a subject is already struggling with getting his courage up and enacting a plan of violence against a church (See Guns and The Media  http://www.avoidthefight.com/whats-new/) and if they know that the “culture” will support them, it will only embolden that subject to do it. It can embolden more people to do it. I can embolden the attacks to be worse. If churches start to be seen as the “cool place” to carry out your massacre, then the church is going to see some tough days ahead.

We have always known the need for Church Security and yes, armed security. But the game has already changed. I believe we have entered into a new era of violence against churches. If you are in the ministry of church security, get your game face on. Gear up for battle because it is only going to get worse. This should not be cause for fear but it should be a call for good stewardship of our flocks. Church security needs to step up and be good stewards of their church and implement and increase appropriate safety and security measures.

We must keep in tune with the spirit and pray for wisdom BUT at the same time, act and DO something to protect your church.

Cody

If you or your church is in need of training and/or certifications contact us as: www.avoidthefight.com

“But we prayed to our God and posted a guard day and night to meet this threat.” Neh. 4:9.

“Unless the LORD builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the LORD guards the city, The watchman keeps awake in vain.” – Ps. 127:1

“Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.” – Ps. 144:1

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
Re: TRAINING - Thoughts on the Sutherland Springs, TX Church Shooting
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 07:34:23 PM »
 I think there is a small mistake in your theory,

I agree totally that the main stream media hates us.  that they will interview 100 people to get the one person who reflects there feeling.. they will lie about everything,   just remember that hiltery was going to sweep the election, right up till 9 pm that night they were figuring out how they were going to win.

just surround yourself with people you trust.  and you will be fine,

A Good Guy With A Gun Ended That Shooters Life.
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016