< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anti gun bill in the NE Leg!  (Read 2924 times)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Anti gun bill in the NE Leg!
« on: January 03, 2018, 12:08:13 PM »
LB780 by Sen Pansing-Brooks and others.

wants to ban binary triggers and all suppressors.

https://nebraskalegislature.gov/bills/view_bill.php?DocumentID=33953
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Anti gun bill in the NE Leg!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 12:19:47 PM »
and LB730 by Sen Wayne.  seeks to add a tax to your ammo!

https://nebraskalegislature.gov/bills/view_bill.php?DocumentID=33998
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 03:21:15 PM »
Passing-Gas and her comrades should be charged with contempt of their oath to support the state and federal Constitutions.  What good does it do to have a body of written law when those who make law can break the law with impunity?
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline rluening

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 08:56:12 PM »
I'm not even sure that bill does what she thinks it does.

It will ban cans (what happens to current legal owners??), but it also bans things that increase rate of fire.

Bump stocks don't do that. They may make it easier to reach the max rate of fire, or close to the mechanical limit, but they certainly don't increase it.

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 09:11:56 PM »
I think this is a "bandwagon" feel-good, I did something about those nasty fully automatic bump stocks.. This could pass IMOP. But throwing in the "cans" is really an overstep. Ask for the cans and settle for the non-specified items that can increase rate of fire. Mags? Triggers? Cleaning products? Fingers? Too vague.

As for the ammo tax, If it increases the tax revenue, it has a chance. The State is looking at a deficit, which doesn't sit well with the balanced budget requirement.
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 11:49:48 PM »
The right way to get rid of bump stocks is to legalize full auto, or at least burst fire, which never should have been outlawed in the first place.  We already have too many gun control laws.  Any realistic discussion of reasonable restrictions will be over which laws to get rid of, not what more to add.  [And for those who might like to nitpick, I know you can buy the right to own an overpriced full auto rifle so technically they are not outlawed, but as a practical matter for most of us they might as well be, the point being that government has no business making it hard or expensive for us to have them.]

Trying to balance the budget by further infringing on a Constitutional right is an act of criminal aggression committed by traitors.  How about a tax on the ownership of literature that contains thought that is unpopular with the liberal cult, would that be ok?

Trump did not get elected because voters wanted our political leaders to continue to be whores of the liberal cult.  Will the Republicans in our state house stand up this time and do their duty, or will they get spanked again by Ernie Chambers and his gang of traitors? 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 10:24:21 AM »
and LB730 by Sen Wayne.  seeks to add a tax to your ammo!

https://nebraskalegislature.gov/bills/view_bill.php?DocumentID=33998

We already pay 11% excise tax and sales tax on ammo. You can guess where I think his proposed bill can be stuck.

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 10:52:25 AM »
I wonder if a "burden on the poor" argument would work with Chambers regarding the ammo tax...
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline mike_p

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 12:10:22 PM »
Already emailed my senator. I'll be honest, I am not aware of her leaning when it comes to firearms though.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 12:23:55 PM »
Already emailed my senator. I'll be honest, I am not aware of her leaning when it comes to firearms though.
Please share her response if you get one.

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 12:58:09 PM »
I emailed Baker, District 30.  I'm concerned that he's not running for re-election and for his flip on Preemption last year.  I'll post his response if I get any.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2018, 07:32:17 PM »
Emailed Murante. He has been securely on our side so not a huge worry there.

For those of you who are contacting your representatives please remember that their staff is looking at the messages and if you are using a form it will pretty much end up being dismissed. If you write a letter or email and are quick and to the point it will be registered with them.
This is not just something I heard once, we have heard this from more than one State Senator recently. Originality counts here people. So does numbers. Let them know you are watching and that you have a voice.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2018, 11:35:48 PM »
In response to a query by an NFOA member from out west, Sen Mike  Groene wrote

I don't think it will get out of Judiciary committee.
Senator Brewer, Erdman, Hilgers, myself and others will stop their passage. 

Mike

Do we know the makeup of the judiciary committee?  Could it be that we might have a favorable majority this session?
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2018, 11:49:19 PM »
To answer my own question...nope

Judiciary committee
Ebke (C), Pansing Brooks (VC), Baker, Chambers, Halloran, Hansen, Krist, Morfeld.

Not sure what  Sen Groene is smoking
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2018, 10:42:03 AM »

Judiciary committee
Ebke (C), Pansing Brooks (VC), Baker, Chambers, Halloran, Hansen, Krist, Morfeld.

I thought Ebke was one of the good guys????
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2018, 11:26:02 AM »
Why is it the Democrat districts are able to send hard core America-hating bigots like Chambers and Passing-Gas to represent them, but Republican districts send RINOs and wimps (with a few exceptions)?  Does the state Republican Party maybe need new leadership?

I sent an email to my state senator, Robert Hilkemann, but haven't heard back yet.  It was kind of long though so maybe he hasn't read it yet.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 12:47:12 PM »
She is....who  said different?  It's  Chambers, morfeld, krist and pansing brooks that are  antifreedom with a few others that are unknown quantities making pro gun agenda items tough to move.

I thought Sen Groene was talking about killing antigun bills in committee like we had a  majority of pro freedom votes, but we do not.

I am unsure why Sen Groene  is so confident that these antigun bills will not pass out of committee...he must know something that is not obvious to me
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2018, 02:57:37 PM »
She is....who  said different?  It's  Chambers, morfeld, krist and pansing brooks that are  antifreedom with a few others that are unknown quantities making pro gun agenda items tough to move.

I thought Sen Groene was talking about killing antigun bills in committee like we had a  majority of pro freedom votes, but we do not.

I am unsure why Sen Groene  is so confident that these antigun bills will not pass out of committee...he must know something that is not obvious to me

Saw her name listed alongside Chambers' in your original post, which confused me.
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2018, 04:46:31 PM »
Saw her name listed alongside Chambers' in your original post, which confused me.
that was just a list of judiciary committee members
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
  • 2012 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2018, 11:35:24 AM »

Judiciary committee

Pretty sure Mike doesn't smoke, and maybe he was just giving me a little too much optimism about the judiciary, but I`m sure he`s dead on with their demise. Just my opinion.