< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: question re selling guns & ammo  (Read 1544 times)

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
question re selling guns & ammo
« on: January 12, 2018, 03:34:45 PM »
I have a few long guns and handguns and some ammo I will be listing in the classifieds here to sell probably within the next few weeks.  I want to make sure I don't accidentally do anything illegal that might make me fall victim to an ATF thug on a fishing expedition.  So what do I have to do to make sure I am totally legal?

Do handgun sales to Nebraska residents have to go through a dealer, or can I sell to them directly?

I will be asking to see either a purchase certificate or a carry permit, and a drivers license.

Is 21 the legal age to buy handguns, long guns, and ammo? 

Thanks.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
Re: question re selling guns & ammo
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 05:20:35 PM »
     21 on handguns and 18 on long guns.   as long as people are from Nebraska nothing else needed, some people write out a receipt. to show who they sold it to, if it turns up in a crime,

I got table at the Lincoln show, jan 27-28. if you want. bring them out . you can set around awhile and bull****, see if someone wants them
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 07:02:50 PM »
In Nebraska a buyer of a handgun must show a permit to purchase or concealed carry permit to purchase handguns.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 09:28:26 AM »
In Nebraska a buyer of a handgun must show a permit to purchase or concealed carry permit to purchase handguns.

Thanks for the information
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 09:30:01 AM »
     21 on handguns and 18 on long guns.   as long as people are from Nebraska nothing else needed, some people write out a receipt. to show who they sold it to, if it turns up in a crime,

I got table at the Lincoln show, jan 27-28. if you want. bring them out . you can set around awhile and bull****, see if someone wants them

Thanks for the offer.  I live in Omaha, which isn't too much of a drive.  That might be a good idea, and it'll be fun even if I don't sell anything. 

I copied and pasted this off the vendor instructions: "ALL ammunition MUST be in sealed containers."  What does that mean?  Is a box of ammo in a sealed container, or does it have to be taped shut or something?

I'm planning on moving in a few months, and there are several guns and some ammo there just is no reason for me to move because I haven't been using them anyway.  So selling it seems like a good idea.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 12:03:59 PM »
Thanks for the offer.  I live in Omaha, which isn't too much of a drive.  That might be a good idea, and it'll be fun even if I don't sell anything. 

I copied and pasted this off the vendor instructions: "ALL ammunition MUST be in sealed containers."  What does that mean?  Is a box of ammo in a sealed container, or does it have to be taped shut or something?

I'm planning on moving in a few months, and there are several guns and some ammo there just is no reason for me to move because I haven't been using them anyway.  So selling it seems like a good idea.

I  thought you were in Lincoln, that's what location says by your name. just in a factory box is fine for ammo. also many use a plastic bag with a couple of staples in it,
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline docwithaglock

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 06:13:23 PM »
What might you be selling?  I am interested in a 44 mag pistol.  May take something else off you hands and you would not have to transport them to Lincoln.
Glock Ego Fedis Deo et Patriae

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 07:55:28 AM »
What might you be selling?  I am interested in a 44 mag pistol.  May take something else off you hands and you would not have to transport them to Lincoln.

Thanks for your interest.  I have a few things listed in the classified section of this site and I'll be listing a few more today or tomorrow.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 12:23:52 PM »
Thanks to Shooter giving me some space on his table I was able to sell several guns.  And I had a good time too.  Still have some more though, listed in the for sale section.