< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Look Alive Lincolnites! Liberal council members looking to ban more  (Read 2494 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
http://journalstar.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/bump-stock-ban-being-considered-by-lincoln-council-members/article_8bfa54ad-4506-5d57-bc06-5b96df289c7e.html

All because of this "Open Letter" by a prior sitting council member.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/239357142936699/permalink/708015909404151/

Our friends on the council have warned us that the proposal is being written as we speak.
This is just another Knee jerk, Feel good, lookit- we did something reaction, that'll accomplish nothing.   

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 09:55:30 AM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Look Alive Lincolnites! Liberal council members looking to ban more
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 02:43:03 PM »
Pass LB68.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 04:53:17 PM »
Thanks Prez Trump.

http://www.1011now.com/content/news/President-Trump-directs-Justice-Department-to-ban-gun-modifications-like-bump-stocks-474625073.html
I've been saying all along that we really didn't know what we were getting with him, only he was better than the alternative.

Offline BranchMillardian

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 06:15:21 PM »
I've been saying all along that we really didn't know what we were getting with him, only he was better than the alternative.

Here, I found the actually video footage of President Trump, mentioning Bump Stocks: https://youtu.be/vhhBN-Nn4uE?t=53m28s

I started it about ten seconds early just for context.

P.S. I have no dog in this fight as I don't really care about bump stock devices or owning one, but I am very displeased to see us approaching this slippery slope. We got the '86 ban under Reagan and the '94 AWB, which fortunately sunset.

Does anyone have any idea how many bump stocks there are in circulation?
---
"Omnia mala exempla ex rebus bonis orta sunt" (All bad precedents have originated out of justifiable measures) - Julius Caesar

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 09:54:17 PM »

Does anyone have any idea how many bump stocks there are in circulation?

How many have been used in a crime may be more relevant.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 10:41:36 PM »
What is most relevant is that the biggest mass murders have all been committed with things other than guns.  So ban bump stocks, and then ban ALL guns, and someone wanting to commit mass murder will be no less able to do so.  This is proven, verifiable fact.

This means there is nothing in any way reasonable about this.  It is not a reasonable restriction, all of the lies of the enemy notwithstanding.  It is an illegal edict.  It is an act of criminal aggression committed by traitors.

Every patriot needs to let trump know that colluding with the enemy on these things will make him lose his base. 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 10:50:49 PM by depserv »
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline BranchMillardian

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 06:21:21 AM »
Agreed, Depserv.

How many have been used in a crime may be more relevant.

Well, we already know the answer to that...one incident, Las Vegas. And that stinks to high heaven. Nobody can get their facts straight.
If there had been any other incidents the media jackals and sheeple would have been bleating about it for weeks.

I was curious how many bump stocks were out there because I'm wondering if I need to stock up on popcorn for when I watch the coming door-to-door confiscations that will need to take place if they're really serious about doing this "for the children". /s

This is how well it's gone for Massachusetts: http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/02/02/bump-stock-massachusetts-ban/
---
"Omnia mala exempla ex rebus bonis orta sunt" (All bad precedents have originated out of justifiable measures) - Julius Caesar

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2018, 07:53:03 AM »
Agreed, Depserv.

Well, we already know the answer to that...one incident, Las Vegas. And that stinks to high heaven. Nobody can get their facts straight.
If there had been any other incidents the media jackals and sheeple would have been bleating about it for weeks.

I was curious how many bump stocks were out there because I'm wondering if I need to stock up on popcorn for when I watch the coming door-to-door confiscations that will need to take place if they're really serious about doing this "for the children". /s

This is how well it's gone for Massachusetts: http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/02/02/bump-stock-massachusetts-ban/

did the ATF come out and say a bump stock was used?

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 08:36:15 AM »
did the ATF come out and say a bump stock was used?
Not that was officially reported that I saw.  Another thought occurs to me, if our current President sent a memo to his Attorney General about banning any and all devices etc.  Don't you think the previous administration was bright enough to try it?  They had a white hot hatred of firearms and owners.  Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 08:48:08 AM »
Not that was officially reported that I saw.  Another thought occurs to me, if our current President sent a memo to his Attorney General about banning any and all devices etc.  Don't you think the previous administration was bright enough to try it?  They had a white hot hatred of firearms and owners.  Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

ive read that too.  i think its a play to the other side.  hopefully won't go anywhere.  i mean, the comment period just ended and there was 100,000 comments and pretty much all were pro gun!  i bet state and local laws will change somewhere.

on a related note, has anyone checked out gunbroker?  LOL!

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2018, 08:48:39 AM »
Ok, well now that this post has been derailed, back to the original concern! 
Our sources tell us that the Lincoln city council member has eased up (for now) on presenting such a law at the city level (maybe the feds direction had something to do about it.  We still need to keep a watchful eye locally, or these little things are gong to get pushed thru while we're concerned elsewhere.
(Corrugated-cardboard-in-trash ban anyone? )
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2018, 08:55:57 AM »
Lincoln may well have found that a backlash resulting in passage of LB68 was possible should the council overeach and unite the pro freedom forces that previously did not see a pressing need for statewide preemption.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2018, 04:12:20 PM »
Its not the bumstocks its the principle. He's using uncollected bureaucrats to create laws. The DOJ is supposed to enforce laws not create laws.
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason