< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: School Shootings  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
School Shootings
« on: February 23, 2018, 09:35:23 AM »
Someone else did the research, I'm just sharing their observations here;

This week I decided to crunch the numbers of all the “Mass Shooting” in schools that I could find in US History.
I looked at all listed school shootings, and did not exclude any based on circumstance or motive. Thus my numbers include the 1764 Enoch Brown school massacre which was part of Pontiac's War, and the Kent State massacre.
I only used “Mass Shooting” by the FBI definition of 4 or more people hit but not necessarily killed. And nothing to do with number of shots fired. Thus I included incidents such as the 1891 Liberty, Mississippi Parson Hill schoolhouse concert where a double barreled shotgun was discharged peppering 14 people but killing no one.
In the 254 years between 1764 and present I found there were 72 “Mass Shootings” in schools.
From July 1764 to September of 1968 there were 7 Mass Shootings” in schools.
On September 18, 1968 Gun Control Act of 1968 was passed.
In the 22 years from the passing of Gun Control Act of 1968 to 1990 there were 17 "Mass Shootings” in US schools.
In November 1990 George H. W. Bush signed the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 in to law
Since November of 1990 to present there have been 48 Mass Shootings” in US schools.
Or to put it another way, there have been twice as many Mass Shootings” in US schools since the passing of the Gun-Free School Zones Act then the previous 254 years combined. This was copied from Chris Crawford and shared.
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
Re: School Shootings
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 04:13:20 PM »
It's almost impossible to refute anything they have to say when the media won't allow both sides to be represented equally.  The other side operates with a different set of parameters. I'd prefer calling it dishonest.