< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Could have ended badly...  (Read 1209 times)

CC

Could have ended badly...
« on: February 24, 2018, 03:08:00 PM »
Kudos to these ladies for defending themselves. Not being critical of them because I can’t considering they were facing a robber armed with a shotgun, but I think we can learn from this video. What to do and not do.

https://www.kjrh.com/news/tulsa-family-talks-about-shooting-injury-armed-robber-at-family-store-thursday-night

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Could have ended badly...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 04:43:44 PM »
This one doesn't have a long commercial in front of it:

I keep saying to myself walk up close and shoot him in the head before he gets the gun away from your friend.  I have a feeling though that this video is more typical of gunfights than we like to think.  Still, the ladies are better off being armed than unarmed, and it looks like they did survive.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 04:48:36 PM »
 I would like to know how any times he had been hit.    thinks  both the ladies  need more practice, 
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 05:02:29 PM »
If you need to shoot, aim carefully enough to score hits and continue shooting until the bad guy goes down and stays down. This robber was unusual in that he chose to fight when he could have escaped and saved himself additional wounds.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 05:49:54 PM by Kendahl »

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 06:55:39 PM »
This robber was unusual in that he chose to fight when he could have escaped and saved himself additional wounds.
most robbers are inherently stupid it seems....
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 07:30:39 PM »
By now, robbers should have realized that it's safer to rob chain stores than than mom and pop places. Clerks at the chain stores have been ordered never to resist. The mom and pop stores don't have that restriction. A good example of the latter is the south Omaha tobacco store that was robbed last fall. One robber dead and his accomplice charged with felony murder.