< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Nice to see our Gov  (Read 2964 times)

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Nice to see our Gov
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2018, 02:26:03 PM »
 I don't care how he feels. I don't care how he was trained. Peterson is a COWARD.  to hear those shots and not try to help is nothing but actions of a pure coward.
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2018, 03:15:04 PM »
I don't care how he feels. I don't care how he was trained. Peterson is a COWARD.  to hear those shots and not try to help is nothing but actions of a pure coward.

That would be cowardly. How do you know that’s what happened? You don’t. That’s the narrative you have been told.

For the record, I am not saying that he is in no way a coward, simply that the fact is FAR from definite.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 03:21:22 PM by Mntnman »

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2018, 04:12:09 PM »
Yeah,  because you were there, smh. So sad that you have such a closed mind.
If I had been there he would still be a coward.  If I said he is not a coward he would still be a coward (I would simply be wrong).  If I had been there and ended up laying on the ground cowering in fear crying for my  mommy, and didn't do anything myself to stop the killing even though I was armed, he would still be a coward.  There is no getting around it: he was there to protect the kids, he knew they were being killed, and he stayed out of the fight.  He was the thin blue line, and that line broke, and kids died because of it.  That's why cowards are universally looked down on.

A mind can be so far open there is nothing in it my friend.  You are on the wrong side of this.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2018, 04:44:07 PM »
Judging by your last post, you clearly don’t know what he did and didn’t do. Not one report says he did nothing.

If having an open mind makes me on the wrong side, there is no right side.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2018, 05:11:22 PM »
It’s really simple. This did not take place in a vacuum. There are many people that were communicating during the event. The true facts will come out but they have not yet. Peterson claims he followed protocol. He was there but you simply say he is lying. You weren’t there, but you claim the version of the story that you have is above reproach. All the while you know the media is biased and the boss probably would prefer a scapegoat.

The position you are taking is the same as those crying that Mike Brown was murdered in Furgeson. It’s not very Christian of you. Waiting for the truth is always worth it.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2018, 05:15:56 PM »
Judging by your last post, you clearly don’t know what he did and didn’t do. Not one report says he did nothing.

If having an open mind makes me on the wrong side, there is no right side.
I didn't say he did nothing; the word nothing is not in my post.  Cowering in fear is something.  Your argument is a straw man.

But you have a right to your opinion. 

So, how 'bout that sheriff?  Pretty good guy huh?  Really showed that damn NRA what's up.  He's no coward; he stood up to the real bad guys.  Do you have an open mind about him? 

Edit: I should add that I'm kind of having fun with this discussion now.  And I probably shouldn't be, since it's a serious subject.  I respect your opinion; I just think you're flat out wrong.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 05:18:21 PM by depserv »
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2018, 05:55:48 PM »
If I had been there and ended up laying on the ground cowering in fear crying for my  mommy, and didn't do anything myself to stop the killing even though I was armed, he would still be a coward.  There is no getting around it: he was there to protect the kids, he knew they were being killed, and he stayed out of the fight.

Maybe splitting hairs, but still. Yeah, im just having fun as well. Pointing out that everyone should have an opportunity for for fair judgement and not being lynched  and then having you argue against it is comical to me. I can not make you think, only you can.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2018, 06:13:28 PM »
Every post that I have made on the forum follows the same principles.

You kinda like to shoot from the hip at times. That’s ok. There’s still room to learn that way.  ;)

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2018, 06:59:38 PM »
Maybe splitting hairs, but still. Yeah, im just having fun as well. Pointing out that everyone should have an opportunity for for fair judgement and not being lynched  and then having you argue against it is comical to me. I can not make you think, only you can.

The part of my quote you put in bold was not made in reference to the coward deputy, it was made in reference to a hypothetical thing I might have done, in order to make a point; it was not even implied that it was in reference to the coward, and that should have been clear (except to those looking for an excuse to distort my words).  So you were not splitting hairs, you pretended a hair existed where none did.  That's called a straw man argument.  I expect that from liberals, but not from a fellow patriot.  You should be better than that.  And if you do want to stoop to sleazy debate tactics like that, at least try to do a better job of it.

We know enough to know what he did, and didn't do.  If there was some doubt I would give him the benefit of that doubt, as I said earlier.  But no such doubt exists.  Unless maybe some alien spacecraft beamed a paralysis beam down on him or something. 

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2018, 07:14:01 PM »
No, it implies you doing nothing as well the way I read it and my reading comprehension is very high.

I am not arguing a straw man. I am clearly saying that your position on this is exactly the same as those crying that Mike Brown was murdered with his hands up. You don’t know the facts, you just assume you do. Pretty sad that a liberty minded patriot feels that publicity lynching someone is the “right” side and someone saying that he deserves due process is wrong.

I don’t know what actually happened. You don’t either. In the meantime let’s publicly condemn him!

Not my bag, Baby...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 07:20:59 PM by Mntnman »

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2018, 07:51:03 PM »
He was there to protect the kids and he didn't.  Of course he's going to come up with a story to make himself look good. But nothing he claims changes the sad truth that he was the one placed there for the protection of those kids and he stayed outside and did nothing while the kids were being killed inside.  I would be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt if any doubt existed, but none does.

See, you did say “did nothing.”  ;D

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2018, 10:30:27 PM »
See, you did say “did nothing.”  ;D
Once again you have distorted our discussion.  You clearly said "Judging by your last post..."  And that was what both you and I were referring to.  You went back and got that quote from an earlier post of mine.

At this point though, that part of the discussion does qualify as splitting hairs.  But you did say that it was my "last post" that that led to your conclusion that I "clearly don’t know what he did and didn’t do." So while it is splitting hairs, it is relevant.  And you were wrong.  100%, totally, unequivocally wrong.  But it's not really a big deal.

The big deal is your idea that not enough is known about this case to form an opinion.  I say there is, a few more of us on this forum say there is, President Trump says there is, I heard Tucker Carlson tonight say there is, and quite a few more good men say there is.  You say there isn't.  So who knows, maybe we're all not liberty-minded and you are.  But I don't think so.

You say further that we are comparable to those who falsely claimed that Mike Brown was murdered, which is laughable in its absurdity.  I was open minded on that case, as I am on most.  But enough is known about this case for an opinion to be formed with a good degree of certainty.  That's the difference.  So your analogy is false.

I don't know if there will be any "due process" on this case as you suggest, since I don't know if cowardice is a crime in a case like this.  I'm sure there are quite a few people who think it should be, but I'm not expecting this to go to court.  Maybe civil court I guess.  But I hope we don't have to wait until they go through that process before we can have your permission to call him a coward. 

If I see someone rob a bank I will call him a bank robber even before he has been given due process.  I am not a court of law.  I have no power to lynch him.  Liberty includes me being able to give my opinion that this man was a coward.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 10:34:03 PM by depserv »

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2018, 08:34:50 AM »
We weren't there. Was he supposed to run in blind and get killed like a hero? Would that have been prudent with a handgun against a rifle and possible armor? Does the SWAT team jump out and run in unprepared when they arrive or do they assess the situation?

I am not ready to call him a coward as I am sure I don't know the whole story. I do know that if I was at a mall as an armed civilian and a shooting incident happened, my number one job is to go home to my family, not be a hero.

MntnMan, No we weren't there and can only speculate on what we would do in that situation and God forbid nobody should experience that situation, but I would have gone in and tried to neutralize the threat.  On your mall example, I would have tried to maneuver and try to neutralize the threat by whatever means.  Saving innocent lives is the right thing to do, not run and think only of yourself.  Just think if the football coach had your philosophy who saved those kids because he was blocking the bullets.  Those poor children would be dead.  Another example are those 3 military people in Paris that stopped the threat on the train.  And the list could go on.  It's not that they want to be hero's, but to save lives, I'm willing to bet.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 08:56:40 AM by Lmbass14 »

Offline Waltherfan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2018, 09:00:16 AM »
I would probably curl into a ball and wet myself.
But then I'm not being paid to defend others.
During my not-so-brief stint in the military, going in harms way was what I was trained for and what I was expected to do. Fortunately, to the best of my knowledge, I was never shot at.
Who knows how one would really respond to an active shooter event. If at a mall, my responsibility is to get me and mine to safety. Should I encounter the shooter on the way I would hope I would engage but getting loved ones out is first priority.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2018, 09:39:34 AM »
Depserv, since you know what happened, give me a minute by minute account.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Never Forgive...Never Forget
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2018, 09:45:58 AM »
This thread has run it's course

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2018, 10:01:46 AM »
If we can keep it civil, this discussion continues...
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2018, 10:24:28 AM »
I got bored and was ready to move on anyway

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2018, 11:10:49 AM »
I’m going to make this post then I am done with this discussion for good.

The majority of the public still believes that Darren Wilson murdered Mike Brown who had his hands up. Witnesses there claimed that it happened that way. The media and other left wingers beat that drum to death. People’s emotions were high and once their brains accepted it as truth , no amount of true facts could penetrate their hardened reality. This is why the left never lets a tragedy go to waste. The tactic of using people’s emotions against them is their most effective MO.

That’s why Scot Pererson will forever be a coward. No matter what actually happened, he has already been publicly tried, convicted, and lynched. His version of what happened is irrelevant because he is just lying, trying to save his bacon. The story from everyone else that wasn’t actually there must be believed because children died and we have to assign blame right now before we have time to think.

One day Scot was a well liked, decorated school resource officer, the next, he’s just as responsible for the deaths of 17 people as the evil POS that decided to kill them. Even if, and I can only say if because we may not ever know the facts, he tried his best but just didn’t have the right information to get there in time, it does not matter. Three minutes is about the amount of time the shooting happened. He had to process whatever he was told, go there, and try to figure out exactly what and where was actually occurring. Possibly the POS saw Scot outside and that is when he tried to flee. We don’t know right now. The radio just said this morning that he was trying to shoot outside but couldn’t break the windows.

Scot’s life is over. He will never be able to do anything about that. You have the luxury of time before you judge him. To refuse yourself that, only hurts you. Hopefully you will only ever be judged by your maker and he doesn’t have to remind you about Scot Peterson.

My mind is at ease. I’ve spoken my peace and will no longer participate in this thread so don’t waste your effort if it is something you wish for me to see. Good day.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2018, 11:29:56 AM »
I just don't understand how he could set there,  even if he was ordered to stay outside. Im praying that I would go ahead and run inside.  I wouldn't be able to live with myself, If I knew I might have even a chance of one kid not being injured I hope I would act.

My daughter works in a school. and my grandkids go there. ive told her to call me if anything can happen, they are about 3 minutes from me, I don't think there is a much stronger feeling  than the one a parent or grandparent feels for there kids,
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016