< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: GOP surrenders rights of 18-20yr olds  (Read 515 times)

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
GOP surrenders rights of 18-20yr olds
« on: February 25, 2018, 08:23:20 PM »
So now President Trump, Sen. Marco Rubio, and Florida Gov Rick Scott want to take away 2nd Amendment rights from 18-20 year old adults!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/trump-pledges-action-school-safety-gun-violence-53265445

We need to stand against this! If they can discriminate based on age then no ones rights are safe! Start calling all the politicians NOW!

18 year old's can leave their parents home voluntarily or involuntarily, buy cars, engage in legal contracts, own/rent a home or lease an apartment, vote, serve in the military, get married and raise children but the GOP now wants to take away their God given right of self defense! Shame on the GOP! This will not prevent any more violence but will only disarm millions of young American adults and prevent them from defending themselves and their families! Despicable!

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
Re: GOP surrenders rights of 18-20yr olds
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 11:01:03 PM »
All this will end up doing is making those who would commit these crimes.

Changing them having a legally bought gun.

Into carrying a illegal Gun used to commit their crimes.

It's still just a feel good measure that still won't address the real problem! one bit.  
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 12:27:30 AM »
they do this they better raise the age to join the military to match...

if you can carry a M-16 to defend your country at 18 .. you should dam well be able to protect your life at home, or out in about etc..
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline orion

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 04:53:46 AM »
they do this they better raise the age to join the military to match...

if you can carry a M-16 to defend your country at 18 .. you should dam well be able to protect your life at home, or out in about etc..
They also better raise the voting age to 21 too.

If you're not mature enough to purchase a firearm at 18 than you're sure as hell not mature enough to vote at that age.