< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Winchester AA Rebate  (Read 3517 times)

Offline LeeM

• NFOA Full Member
Winchester AA Rebate
« on: May 15, 2015, 12:12:43 PM »
Well, I'll put this in Shotguns, although others may be interested.
Heard yesterday that a certain forum member had already been to GU but didn't buy them out, so I ventured today to buy my 5 flats.
Winchester has a $2.00 rebate per box on their AA shot shells, up to 50 boxes, or $100.00 per household.
There's been a lot of discussion on how to apply for this rebate, as far as what UPC code to send, individual box or case. I'll admit I sent the case UPC last year and had no problem. The sales lady at GU informed me that the case UPC was acceptable, so, it's in the mail and we'll see. There is a place on the form where you mark what you bought, case or individual box, so I'm hoping no problem this year either.
$77.50 CC or $75 for cash, I think, plus the rebate, hard to find shells under $6.00 any more.

See ya at the range.

LeeM
01 Firearms Dealer
Buy-Sell-Trade-Transfers
Q MAX Products Dealer

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: Winchester AA Rebate
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 04:26:49 PM »
Case UPC has worked just fine for rebate over the past coupla years.   Comes off the case quite easily with a boxcutter knife (of course).   Then the extra corrugation stuff can be peeled off and pitched, leaving only the thin UPC code layer.

And this much can be said about Winchester:   They pay their rebates quickly, fully, and no hairsplitting nonsense.

Wish Winchester wouldn't do this particular rebate.
  Because every time I pull the MEC 9000G handle, this thought occurs: 
"What are you doing???   You could just go buy the Winchester factory rebate stuff.   Better.   Cheaper.    And you get all those nice new AA hulls............"

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 05:44:55 PM »
Case UPC has worked just fine for rebate over the past coupla years.   Comes off the case quite easily with a boxcutter knife (of course).   Then the extra corrugation stuff can be peeled off and pitched, leaving only the thin UPC code layer.

And this much can be said about Winchester:   They pay their rebates quickly, fully, and no hairsplitting nonsense.

Wish Winchester wouldn't do this particular rebate.
  Because every time I pull the MEC 9000G handle, this thought occurs: 
"What are you doing???   You could just go buy the Winchester factory rebate stuff.   Better.   Cheaper.    And you get all those nice new AA hulls............"

sfg
Agreed, and I go through the same issue when reloading mine.  But we have been using the reloads for practice and the nice new ones for competition.  My reloads are close in recoil and shot pattern and power so she does not need to make any major adjustments.  Wish I could find more international clays powder when I have some cash in the pocket, some clays would be good as well.  Got some Universal Clays but it is a little hotter than what I like for skeet and more than needed for most 16s, I see no reason to beat yourself up using a load any hotter than needed.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 06:49:11 PM »
Agreed, and I go through the same issue when reloading mine.  But we have been using the reloads for practice and the nice new ones for competition.  My reloads are close in recoil and shot pattern and power so she does not need to make any major adjustments.  Wish I could find more international clays powder when I have some cash in the pocket, some clays would be good as well.  Got some Universal Clays but it is a little hotter than what I like for skeet and more than needed for most 16s, I see no reason to beat yourself up using a load any hotter than needed.
What's claydot?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 04:17:41 PM »
What's claydot?

Well Clay Dot is a powder from Aliant that is similar to Hodgdon's Clays, they also have a Red Dot and Green Dot which are similar to the International Clays or Universal Clays.  Personally I find the Alliant powders to be a bit dirty in comparison so I try to stay with the Hodgdon's Powders.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 04:19:35 PM »
Gotcha. DEguns has clays in lincoln or did have