< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Are you on social media? Here's a way to start a positive trend  (Read 874 times)

Offline Range Mom

• NFOA Board of Directors
    • Incendio Firearms Training
Our community of responsible firearms owners is facing the strongest and most ignorant opposition we have likely seen in our lifetimes.  The rhetoric and beliefs of the Anti-Gun movement is filled with falsehoods, vilification of the law abiding, and ignorance. They do not represent the majority of Americans – but they are much louder.

We trust that logic and justice and reason will prevail, but we can’t any longer. Businesses and politicians are bowing down to anti-gun media-fueled pressure and we can’t assume principled decisions will prevail. Just look at the silliness that is happening in Lincoln with a bump stock ban and all the other ordinances that ignore Article 1 Section 1 of our Nebraska Constitution!

March 23-25, as a community, we are going to become THE TREND. We are going to tell our community, our friends, our coworkers, our family members, why we carry.
We are going to demonstrate that normal, every day citizens are simply committed to protecting ourselves. We need you to be involved and begin sharing this message (feel free to copy and paste and email or post to your FB or other social media pages). If you have a Twitter account, you can use Defend your Rights. Share you Story on 3/23. Why do you carry for self defense? Use Hashtag #WhyICarry

Then starting March 23 at 9:00 a.m. CST, share videos, photos and stories to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube and tell the world why you carry and use the hashtag #WhyICarry.

Forward this message on to every brother and sister in arms you have. Spread the message! Support and defend our right to keep and bear arms for all lawful purposes.

We cannot stay silent. WE have to be LOUD!
Trish - NFOA Board President, Founder Incendio LLC

"The possession of arms by the people is the
ultimate warrant that government governs only
with the consent of the governed."

Offline Dalamar

• Forum Member
Re: Are you on social media? Here's a way to start a positive trend
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 07:45:34 PM »
Just for the record, and I don't know what phrases they flag, most of these "social media" sites are silently censoring people who aren't alt-left. I've had a lot of posts flagged as sensitive for no apparent reason, deleting and reposting a modified version usually doesn't help. I would strongly suggest convincing everyone you know to stop using Google, Youtube, and especially the worst of the bunch, Twitter. Facebook too, but at least Facebook usually has the decency to tell you something was deleted (in my limited experience as I don't actively use any social media - it really might be worse than I think).

Twitter is scanning every post and flagging large volumes of seemingly innocent posts as "sensitive" which downranks, hides, and makes them not appear in search engines. I don't think such afflicted posts will occur in hashtag searches at all.
Google does the same with Youtube, though after manually verifying a lot of my comments, they are not quite as nazi as twitter.

If you want to verify your tweet, check with an incognito window or tab from a parent post, or search...directly loading the tweet itself won't tell you anything unless it's DELETED and posts viewed from your profile directly are generally not hidden.

They also seem to shadow ban a lot of users from using hashtags - they won't show in searches.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 07:47:56 PM by Dalamar »

Offline Range Mom

• NFOA Board of Directors
    • Incendio Firearms Training
Re: Are you on social media? Here's a way to start a positive trend
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 11:14:31 PM »
Hi Dalamar

Thanks for sharing. So far in my investigation, the hashtag is working and trending on FB, Twitter and Instagram. My posts as well as hundreds of others from another firearms organization I am a part of are showing up okay. I haven't heard of anyone having any of these difficulties, likely because the posts are somewhat "not-political" write ups and more personal stories, sharing of photos of loved ones and the like.

But you are right, the use of social media to get our full messages across will likely become more and more difficult as we are already experiencing "crack downs".

Trish - NFOA Board President, Founder Incendio LLC

"The possession of arms by the people is the
ultimate warrant that government governs only
with the consent of the governed."