< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Citigroup Bank joins war on 2nd Amendment  (Read 1451 times)

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
Citigroup Bank joins war on 2nd Amendment
« on: March 23, 2018, 06:27:46 PM »
Citigroup is imposing restrictions on firearm sales by its business partners, becoming the first major U.S. bank to take a financial stand in the growing national debate over gun control.

The New York-based bank this week said it is requiring its partners to bar firearm sales to customers under age 21, as well as those who have not passed a background check.

The bank is also barring clients from selling high-capacity ammunition magazines and so-called bump stocks that enable more rapid firing.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/03/22/citigroup-requires-business-partners-restrict-gun-sales/449181002/

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Citigroup Bank joins war on 2nd Amendment
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 07:31:50 PM »
Citigroup is imposing restrictions on firearm sales by its business partners, becoming the first major U.S. bank to take a financial stand in the growing national debate over gun control.

The New York-based bank this week said it is requiring its partners to bar firearm sales to customers under age 21, as well as those who have not passed a background check.

The bank is also barring clients from selling high-capacity ammunition magazines and so-called bump stocks that enable more rapid firing.

Fortunately I have no accounts business or personal with them, but if I did.....they're done.  Thanks for sharing.  Still can't believe they're doing this.  It's only going to effect they're bottom line......negatively.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/03/22/citigroup-requires-business-partners-restrict-gun-sales/449181002/

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 07:32:58 PM »
Fortunately I have no accounts business or personal with them, but if I did.....they're done.  Thanks for sharing.  Still can't believe they're doing this.  It's only going to effect they're bottom line......negatively.

Offline Dalamar

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 06:44:32 AM »
First National has too. Apparently they responded to the large volume of bots on twitter without realizing they're bots.

I'd cancel my account but I'm not sure they are profiting from someone as poor as me to begin with.

Offline Nettles

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 11:01:38 PM »
First National has too. Apparently they responded to the large volume of bots on twitter without realizing they're bots.

I'd cancel my account but I'm not sure they are profiting from someone as poor as me to begin with.
Doesn't matter.  They're not going to audit each lost account and determine whether it was a profitable one to decide whether it hurts them. What they need to see is large numbers of account closings, accompanied by large numbers of letters and phone calls to tell them why otherwise happy customers will no longer do business with them.  If only the moderately wealthy people raise a fuss, then they'll hardly notice. 

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 12:33:41 AM »
I got a call today from Bank of the West asking about my business stating they wanted to get my credit card processing business and would beat the rates of anyone.  I am doing minimal business after closing the retail space and don't need to find a new processor, but I like that there is a bank that is not shying away from firearms related businesses and actively pursuing them.

Offline Mark B

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 06:54:17 AM »
I have had a Citi CC since 97, and treat it like a checking acct. and pay off the balance each month. They make no money on my account and I use their money free. After accounting costs, mailing fees, 1.5% cash back I'm sure they view my acct. as a non-performer.

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 01:06:14 PM »
I have had a Citi CC since 97, and treat it like a checking acct. and pay off the balance each month. They make no money on my account and I use their money free. After accounting costs, mailing fees, 1.5% cash back I'm sure they view my acct. as a non-performer.

If only it was as clear cut as that. Whenever you swipe your card, part of the fees every merchant pays to take payment from your card go back to CB. So, even if they don't make money off of you per se, they do make money when you use your card.

Offline Dalamar

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2018, 06:30:36 PM »

As whatsit said, I think the fee businesses lose on cc purchases is around 3-4% usually. Would definitely cancel.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2018, 08:19:45 PM »
 Makes me feel good now that I don't own a single credit card,
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016