< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: BUMP STOCK BAN PASSES. LINCOLN CHILDREN NOW SAFE .  (Read 2364 times)

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
BUMP STOCK BAN PASSES. LINCOLN CHILDREN NOW SAFE .
« on: March 26, 2018, 08:44:41 PM »
No surprise. Thanks to Councilwoman Cyndi Lamm who fought it to the end.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: BUMP STOCK BAN PASSES. LINCOLN CHILDREN NOW SAFE .
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 09:50:29 PM »
Glad I moved.

As you can see, no one cares about the opposition and their concerns.

Thank you Cyndi L.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline GreggL

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 10:36:35 PM »

This is another example of why we need the State Preemption legislation passed.  :angry:
Government not being restrained by the Constitution as written is tyranny pure and simple.

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 11:11:54 PM »
So what's the reason that Councilwoman Lamm voted for the ban...if she voiced opposition to it?
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 06:34:41 AM »
No surprise. Thanks to Councilwoman Cyndi Lamm who fought it to the end.
None.

Offline cftj

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 10:41:02 AM »
The definition of a Multiburst Trigger activator as copied from the agenda.

Multiburst trigger activator shall mean either: (a) a device designed or
14 redesigned to be attached to a semiautomatic firearm which allows the firearm to discharge two
15 or more shots in a burst by activating the device; or (b) a trigger-activating device, whether
16 manual or power-driven, that is constructed and designed so that when such device is attached to
17 a semiautomatic firearm the rate of fire of such firearm is increased.

I really want to go turn in a 2x4 with a hole in it...
if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. - 2 Chronicles 7:14 ESV

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 09:33:56 PM »
Thank you for the PMs regarding Lamm's vote.  I figured as much.  Glad to hear we have a voice of reason on city council.
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline Nettles

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 11:24:03 PM »
The definition of a Multiburst Trigger activator as copied from the agenda.

I really want to go turn in a 2x4 with a hole in it...
A symbolic gesture in return for a symbolic gesture. I like it. I've got some scrap wood...

Heh, some severed belt loops would be a nice addition, along with some rubber bands  :laugh:

Offline GreggL

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2018, 08:53:31 PM »

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and am not advocating illegal activity merely seeking clarification.

The definitions indicate the device is attached to the firearm. I have seen plans for devices
that are hand held and not attached to the fire arm.  Would the hand held devices not be
covered under this ban?
Would I need to ask the city attorney for clarification?

It would be sweet irony if there was a work around for this!

I was thinking about turning in a rubber band and asking for a receipt, but I like the 2x4 idea.
Government not being restrained by the Constitution as written is tyranny pure and simple.

Offline cftj

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 12:32:31 PM »
The way I read it, the ban affects devices, not actually bump fire.  I've seen videos of guess bump firing weapons without any attachments at all. 

Again a symbolic worthless regulation.
if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. - 2 Chronicles 7:14 ESV

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 04:25:53 PM »
The short of what WILL get you prosecuted under this ordinance is a "Slide-Fire" brand stock.  That was their ignorant intent because that is what they think of when they think "bump-fire".  It is possible with "Multiburst Trigger Activator" a binary trigger (although it is a trigger and not an "activator") one could be prosecuted, but I doubt it from my discussions with Cyndi Lamm and her same with the City Attorney.

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 12:42:42 PM »
This is news for me. I was under the impression that it was tabled. If I understand correctly, this applies only to Lincoln. Anyway, I don't remember any schools anywhere being shot up using a bump stock so why are the kids safer? If they are serious about keeping the kids safe then they should beef up security at schools especially since it's obvious that they don't intend to repeal that ineffective law known as the 1990 Gun Free School Zone Act. By the way, I have 2 kids in elementary school and worry about their safety since school lock-downs just aren't going to be adequate. They locked down Sandy Hook and the bad guy still got in. It amazes me that all these laws are introduced but they don't address the real problem.
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 01:05:05 PM »
It was initially "tabled" by Leirion, then she turned right around and introduced it.  It did pass, and ONLY applies to Lincoln.  That said, if you own one and feel shameful for such, feel free to take it to the LPD Amnesty day on 28 April.  :P

This is news for me. I was under the impression that it was tabled. If I understand correctly, this applies only to Lincoln. Anyway, I don't remember any schools anywhere being shot up using a bump stock so why are the kids safer? If they are serious about keeping the kids safe then they should beef up security at schools especially since it's obvious that they don't intend to repeal that ineffective law known as the 1990 Gun Free School Zone Act. By the way, I have 2 kids in elementary school and worry about their safety since school lock-downs just aren't going to be adequate. They locked down Sandy Hook and the bad guy still got in. It amazes me that all these laws are introduced but they don't address the real problem.

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 01:37:43 PM »
It was initially "tabled" by Leirion, then she turned right around and introduced it.  It did pass, and ONLY applies to Lincoln.  That said, if you own one and feel shameful for such, feel free to take it to the LPD Amnesty day on 28 April.  :P

Good one. Anyway, I don't have one yet.  Not sure if I want one if there's going to be a Federal ban on them. I'd hate to waste the money. Besides, when I look around, I don't see anyplace nearby to go shooting with a bump-stock. Anyway, I don't need a bump stock or a machine gun but I would like to have the option to buy either one. Who knows, there may come a time when we all would need one. But, I'm a little confused about the ATF comment period on the bump-stock. One place says it ended back in January while other sources say it ends in June. I'm not a lawyer but my guess is that even if Federal law doesn't restrict/ban them, each state could opt to ban them.
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2018, 02:25:07 PM »
There is a current comment period that ends in June.  Apparently the first one wasn't what they wanted to hear.

But, I'm a little confused about the ATF comment period on the bump-stock. One place says it ended back in January while other sources say it ends in June. I'm not a lawyer but my guess is that even if Federal law doesn't restrict/ban them, each state could opt to ban them.

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 01:38:26 PM »