< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NCCPA is hosting a pro 2A rally at the State Capitol on 4-14-18  (Read 3472 times)

Offline Range Mom

• NFOA Board of Directors
    • Incendio Firearms Training
Re: NCCPA is hosting a pro 2A rally at the State Capitol on 4-14-18
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2018, 10:59:09 AM »
I will be bringing Brochures to pass along to folks

I like your sign idea :)

There are a lot of good ideas on youtube from other pro 2A rallies. That might be a start, until youtube takes them down lol
Trish - NFOA Board President, Founder Incendio LLC

"The possession of arms by the people is the
ultimate warrant that government governs only
with the consent of the governed."

Offline jschenck

• NFOA Full Member
  • IT Guy
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2018, 03:08:23 PM »
Do we have an idea of how many folks will be showing up in Lincoln?  I'm hoping weather doesn't stop this from happening.
Improving myself by shooting F-Class F/TR

Offline Range Mom

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2018, 05:27:26 PM »
There is no way to really know for sure. Since there were multiple organizations helping with the event, they all had different RSVPs events on FB. One I saw had 44 signed up to go, another had 14.  I am concerned about the weather too. But I am hoping it's just rain and not freezing rain on Saturday. Crossing fingers!

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2018, 07:45:28 PM »
Facebook alerted me that I had two Events for the rally one shows 62 people going the other 100. 
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline Greybeard

• Bronze Benefactor
  • Live Free or Die!!
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2018, 09:09:10 PM »
Bad weather will keep Linda and me from attending. Neither of us can afford to get sick.
WØCHF

Offline bennysdad

• NFOA-PAF Lobbyist, NFOA-PAF Website Content
  • NFOA Full Member
  • An Armed Society Is A Polite Society – Robert Hein
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2018, 09:28:15 AM »
Adding this event on today's event schedule.

Freedom loving Americans will be gathering at their state capitols across America today. Many Nebraskans will be joining them, in spite of the weather, the wind and the rain to show their support for the Second Amendment and to combat the calls for legislation which will only serve to infringe on the rights of the law abiding.

Unlike the recent gun control marches, these are truly grassroots events, put on without the help of Hollywood billionaires or America's largest corporations. Delta Air Lines will not be flying supporters in for free. CNN & MSNBC will not be there fawning over them. There will not be paid workers handing out free lunch money.

Instead, this nationwide event relies on ordinary Americans who love freedom and are sick of being made the scapegoat for the government's failure to protect its citizens. Honest men and women who are tired of being lied to by politicians who stand on stage at an NRA convention and proclaim their love for the Second Amendment only to later enact draconian gun control. Ordinary people who are simply attempting to engage in the dialogue and have their voices heard while being censored by the likes of YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.

If you can, join these Nebraskans today at 1 p.m. on the steps of the State Capitol. We cannot win this war alone. Every battle matters.
“In a democracy, citizens are supposed to act as partners in enforcing laws. Those forced to follow rules without being trusted even for a moment are, in fact, slaves.” by Jaron Lanier

Offline Range Mom

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2018, 04:25:09 PM »
My speech from today's rally. I was SO impressed with the number that turned out in spite of the weather. A very inspiring afternoon!

By the will of the people, we amended our state constitution. To declare, to clarify and to establish as our will, what we as citizens embrace and demand of our elected representatives.

Have you read it? Are you familiar with it?
"All persons are by nature free and independent and have certain inherent and inalienable rights; among these are life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, and the right to keep and bear arms for security or defense of self, family, home, and others, and for lawful common defense, hunting, recreational use, and all other lawful purposes, and such rights shall not be denied or infringed by the state or any subdivision thereof. To secure these rights, and the protection of property, governments are instituted among people, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed."

Citizens of Nebraska, we have a Unicameral, comprised of Senators elected by the districts in our state.  But YOU are the first House. You are your own Representative. You are empowered and accountable for the work that in other states is done by elected individuals.
For too long, we have assumed that our values and traditions would remain respected and upheld and considered in the drafting, debating and enacting of legislation that represents the will of the people.

For too long, we have assumed that logic, reason and our constitution would be enough to temper and restrict any efforts to infringe on our civil rights and yet our freedoms in Nebraska are left to face a tempest of ignorance.

We are surrounded by states with far more enumerated freedom. We are at the mercy of elected senators who deem themselves above the constitution and the will of the majority.  But why is that?

Because we are silent, we are unseen, we are no risk to their tenure in elected office.

We have allowed those who have no sense of personal responsibility, who wish to be coddled by an ineffective government to protect them and our children, to paint, shape and control the narrative.  By sitting back and staying out of the fray, we have allowed city councils, school boards and our Unicameral to ignore the mandate of Article 1, Section 1 of our Constitution. We have permitted them to set up landmines of infringements that prohibit you, as a law abiding citizen the right to own, possess and use when necessary the tools that protect you, your loved ones and your communities.

The firearms community represented by the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association is vast, is found across all counties in our state and we fight every day for you.  We join forces with other organizations to educate our elected officials, to present testimony, to correct falsehoods and to counter the rising tide against us.  But we are simply citizens, like you, with lives, with jobs, with children and community obligations.  We face an enemy emboldened by the media, financed by billionaires, supported by corporations all of whom simply wish to create a new world order where the power of the people is manipulated and controlled.

We cannot sit back any longer and go on with our lives, venting on social media, at the dinner table and in gatherings with those like us.  We must take our energy and time and focus together, as a unified voice, to counter and shift the direction our state and this country is going. 

Join us today. Make a commitment to your future, and to the future we will create for our children.

Add your voice to the NFOA and to these other organizations who have joined forces here today.  Learn how to be an effective representative of the 2nd Amendment and the traditions and values you hold sacred. Develop a relationship with your elected officials. Show up at hearings of your city council. Show up to meetings of your school board. Show up at rallies for those running for office. Make your voice heard. Write letters and make phone calls. Now is the time to take a stand. To commit to this battle and the wars to come.

Because if not you, who?

Because if not now, when? 

For one day, the tides will have turned, and it will be too late.

Offline jschenck

• NFOA Full Member
  • IT Guy
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2018, 05:37:38 PM »
Thank you and all the other organizers and speakers for getting there and speaking!  Better showing than I was thinking would be there due to weather.  Anyone know what news station had the camera there?  I hope we get some air time.

Offline Range Mom

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2018, 05:47:04 PM »
KETV was there... news starts at 6 p.m. I think

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2018, 06:00:37 PM »
I'm glad you mentioned that.  Thanks.

Offline Range Mom

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2018, 06:13:57 PM »
Briefly on there at 6:10... more on the 10 p.m. news program

Offline jschenck

• NFOA Full Member
  • IT Guy
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2018, 06:15:32 PM »
yep, just saw the story being air'd !

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2018, 09:24:45 PM »
Thank you for speaking out for NFOA Patricia.

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline Immortality

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2018, 08:00:12 AM »
I caught the story on KETV.  It's nice to see the event got some coverage.  I'm really surprised I haven't seen anything in the Journal Star about it...  Ok...  I can't keep a straight face on that one!  Journal Star?  LMAO

Offline Range Mom

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2018, 01:16:33 PM »
The paper just quoted somebody else's story about the rallies which didn't even mention Nebraska.
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline WarHorse1961

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2018, 01:54:35 PM »
Excellent job Trish! Thanks for speaking on our behalf. I wasn't able to stay long, but I was inspired.