< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Apparently it's basically illegal to transport guns without a CHP.  (Read 3301 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Apparently it's basically illegal to transport guns without a CHP.
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2018, 07:37:25 PM »
Immortality,

Care to speculate how this case would have been adjudicated had the firearm been openly displayed, and by that I refer to the Nebraska provision that states a handgun is not concealed if any part of it is capable of being seen 
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2018, 07:50:43 PM »
And an FYI, a CHP does not cover you with any weapon other than a handgun.  Neb. Stat. 28-1202 specifically states "This section does not apply to a person who is the holder of a valid permit issued under the Concealed Handgun Permit Act if the concealed weapon the defendant is carrying is a handgun."

One of the reasons I built an AR15 pistol was to have a firearm covered by my CHP when traveling in an SUV or other vehicle with no locking trunk area
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline jschenck

• NFOA Full Member
  • IT Guy
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2018, 08:26:32 PM »
I had no idea that my CHP wouldn't be applicable to long guns in the cab  :o

thank you for this information

And an FYI, a CHP does not cover you with any weapon other than a handgun.  Neb. Stat. 28-1202 specifically states "This section does not apply to a person who is the holder of a valid permit issued under the Concealed Handgun Permit Act if the concealed weapon the defendant is carrying is a handgun."
Improving myself by shooting F-Class F/TR

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2018, 09:56:27 PM »
One of the reasons I built an AR15 pistol was to have a firearm covered by my CHP when traveling in an SUV or other vehicle with no locking trunk area

One thing that I have considered is walking your own land with an AR pistol during the deer season without a valid deer permit. You would be legal but it would blow to have to go to court to prove it. Our CO is pretty chill but during deer season they seem to move COs around to patrol "strangers".

Another possible problem would be having a pistol during deer season that met the threshold of legal power for the taking of big game and holding more than 6 rounds while mentoring youth hunters with their hunt. I think you could get in trouble if the wrong person contacted you. You could not rely on the judiciary for "common sense.".

Offline Immortality

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2018, 08:09:48 AM »
Wow that's really bad, not even rifles covered, need to keep the pressure up on politicians to pass LB666 this year.

imo the supreme court justices involved should be in jail.

The Justice that wrote the opinion just resigned as a result of allegations of...  well I guess you could say he was a "me too" movement casualty. 

Offline Immortality

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2018, 08:13:55 AM »
I had no idea that my CHP wouldn't be applicable to long guns in the cab  :o

thank you for this information

Technically, the set of steak knives you just bought and are still the in Target bag in the back of your wife's SUV could be considered a concealed weapon on or about your person....  The list of possible abuses are pretty long.  Again, most LE aren't going to hit you for it unless you're doing something else wrong but I don't like letting them make that call.