< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: The FACTS about the dangerous AR-15 and Mass Shootings, Here's the REAL Data  (Read 675 times)

Offline bennysdad

• NFOA-PAF Lobbyist, NFOA-PAF Website Content
  • NFOA Full Member
  • An Armed Society Is A Polite Society – Robert Hein
Following the February 14th mass shooting at the Stoneman Douglas School in Parkland, Florida, a newly impassioned debate has erupted, as follows every mass shooting in the US, about how to prevent such events from reoccurring.

One side focuses on easy civilian access to military-style guns, such as the AR-15 semi-automatic rifle. The other focuses on the individuals who perpetrate these acts, in particular their mental health.

https://www.bulldogbulletinonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/anti-gun2.jpg

In the most deadly 12 mass shootings in the US in the past decade, a total of 270 people were killed. In 8 of these shootings, an AR-15 style semi-automatic rifle was used.

https://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/inline-images/Screenshot2018-03-2909.46.19.png

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-29/where-do-all-assault-rifles-come

So, in NINE years, 270 people have died in mass shootings, in 66% of those shootings, a AR15 was used. So approximately 180 people have died from a AR15 over 9 years.

Doing the math, approximately 20 a YEAR die from being shot by an AR15.

Now lets compare that to distracted driving by teens:

Teens Texting and Driving Facts and Statistics:

94% of teens acknowledge that texting while driving is dangerous
11 teens die everyday as a result of texting while driving.
Teen drivers are 4x more likely than adults to get into car accidents while texting or talking on a cell phone.
One out of every 4 car accidents in the U.S. is caused by texting and driving.
391,000 were injured in motor vehicle crashes involving distracted drivers.

https://www.teensafe.com/blog/teens-texting-and-driving-facts-and-statistics/

So, in TWO DAYS, the same number of teens die from texting and driving that die from being shot by a AR15 in a YEAR.

4015 teens will die this year because of texting and driving.

Can one of the Liberals here please explain why these teenagers aren't marching on every major city demanding saving these teenagers????

A better solution is to ban cell phones and driving until a kid is 21. Wouldn't that save a hell of lot more lives?

« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 09:36:47 AM by bennysdad »
“In a democracy, citizens are supposed to act as partners in enforcing laws. Those forced to follow rules without being trusted even for a moment are, in fact, slaves.” by Jaron Lanier

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
Totally agree, I drive around Lincoln during the day quite a bit for work and I see mostly kids with their nose in the phone constantly.  Pretty easy to tell, all over the lane if they can stay inside of it, sitting several seconds after light changes and blowing through stop lights frequently among other things.  Kind of a pet peeve of mine.   :angry:

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
Totally agree, I drive around Lincoln during the day quite a bit for work and I see mostly kids with their nose in the phone constantly.  Pretty easy to tell, all over the lane if they can stay inside of it, sitting several seconds after light changes and blowing through stop lights frequently among other things.  Kind of a pet peeve of mine.   :angry:

I wish I could say it was mostly kids. It is everyone. Eighty percent of the drivers I see in town are using their phone. Many are smoking with one hand and have the phone in the other. Overachievers throw eating lunch or breakfast in as well. There are only so many minutes in a lunch break, you know!

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
It's almost a given that when the guy  ahead  of you at a stop light fails to move when the light turns green he/she is using their cellphone.  If you honk to get their attention they frequently give you the middle finger.   They are crude, rude and inconsiderate.  Sometimes they are lethal.  While that may take them out of the gene pool they often take innocent people with them.

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
It's almost a given that when the guy  ahead  of you at a stop light fails to move when the light turns green he/she is using their cellphone.  If you honk to get their attention they frequently give you the middle finger.   They are crude, rude and inconsiderate.  Sometimes they are lethal.  While that may take them out of the gene pool they often take innocent people with them.
Yup, agreed.  I've been saluted a few times.  ;D

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
Likewise, drunk drivers kill more in a year than mass shootings do.

The facts don't matter because the the media says so.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
with all the BS media driven facts surrounding AR's & mass school shooting and all the talk about outlawing AR-15's , large cap. mags etc...one fact that has not been brought up is if lil johny's mom & dad secured their guns and kept them locked up lil john would not have access to guns to shoot and kill kids with inside schools.

all we hear is guns are bad and we need to collect them , or outlaw this or that ... not once have i seen any one say lets make a law that all so make the owner responsible to keep firearms secure inside your own house if you have kids under X age. seems like the new age is 21 so you would be required to have trigger locks &/or gun safes. so crazy kids don't get their hands on them to began with.. and go on shooting sprees  . nor have we seen any one say , lets revoke the "gun free zone law" facts prove it does not work... we have seen a few say arm the teachers..

i am not saying you cant sleep with a gun on your headboard but when you leave the bedroom that gun should be with you or locked up ... the days of leaning AR-15 in the corner behind the door where kids can get to them should be frowned on for sure. but if that's what you want to do don't cry when you get fined and jailed when your kid shoots some one. accountability and responsibility for your firearms is whats called for.. not sure how or what a law would need to say to be fair etc .. but i am not a lawyer or politician...
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”