< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Merriam-Webster changes definition of "Assualt Rifle"  (Read 581 times)

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
Merriam-Webster changes definition of "Assualt Rifle"
« on: March 31, 2018, 10:28:42 PM »
to correspond to what Marxist gun grabbers have been calling it.
http://thefederalist.com/2018/03/31/merriam-webster-online-dictionary-changes-definition-assault-rifle-parkland-shooting/

The June,2016 entry was accurate.  The one since Parkland is not.

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Merriam-Webster changes definition of "Assualt Rifle"
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 05:57:47 PM »
I doubt Noah Webster would approve of their promoting a leftist anti gun agenda.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword because the whole body of the  people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any band of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States."
-- Noah Webster
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Merriam-Webster changes definition of "Assualt Rifle"
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 08:59:06 PM »
I remember even in the 80s reading about style manuals and related books being sanitized of so-called sexist and other politically incorrect words.  And it probably goes back further than that; I just wasn't paying attention that far back.

The liberal cult knows that words are how we communicate and even how we think.  So they took control of the machinery of language and turned it into a weapon of political, cultural, and religious war, using sanitized and altered language as part of their indoctrination program.  It's one of the reasons they have been so successful at herding cattle.

Patriots see these things and talk about them, but nothing is ever done to stop them, and the cumulative effect has been massive.  The kind of idiocy being sold today never would have been bought without a very effective indoctrination program.

If we remain on the road we are on, there is little doubt that a time will come when the American people are disarmed, by a government that is no longer bound by the law.  And that isn't even the end game, it's just another step, though a really big one.  And I don't know what can be done to get us off that path, since we are so far along on it, short of dragging those perpetrating this crime on the Republic out and hanging them.  Our political system sure isn't going to make things better.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.