< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Lincoln Town Hall Tonight - 2A on the Agenda - 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.  (Read 1368 times)

Offline Range Mom

• NFOA Board of Directors
    • Incendio Firearms Training
Hi all

If you didn't know already, there is supposed to be a community meeting in Lincoln tonight at 7 p.m.

Here's the Agenda:
The event is designed as a community conversation between panelists and members of the audience across a wide range of topics including:
•   ?  How to strengthen school safety, hiring more school resource officers, installing metal detectors
•   ?  Improving mental health services, threat assessment techniques and coordination among law enforcement agencies
•   ?  Balancing Second Amendment rights against calls for tougher background checks, raising age limits on weapons purchases and banning assault weapons
•   ?  The impact of violent video games and bullying
•   ?  The role faith organizations can play in building a strong community
•   ?  Providing safe after-school activities through Community Learning Centers

"All concerned Lincoln citizens are invited to participate in an upcoming “Town Hall Conversation on Building a Safer Community.” The event will occur on Thursday, April 5, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., in the Ted Sorensen Auditorium at Lincoln High School, 2229 J Street.

All segments of Lincoln’s community are encouraged to attend this event and to offer their thoughts and concerns in a constructive, civil manner.
Ample parking is available in the two surface parking lots north of Lincoln High School and in the large surface parking lot east of the school at the Lewis Ball Fields. Doors at the school’s main entrance will open to the public at 6:30 p.m.
This event is made possible in partnership with Lincoln Public Schools, the Lincoln Journal Star and the Lincoln Community Foundation."
Trish - NFOA Board President, Founder Incendio LLC

"The possession of arms by the people is the
ultimate warrant that government governs only
with the consent of the governed."

Offline SgtSt3d4nk0

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Lincoln Town Hall Tonight - 2A on the Agenda - 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 02:07:18 PM »
I went to that town hall meeting. It was interesting. I had not been to anything like it before. There were more pro 2A people there than I thought would be. In fact, the first few people who asked questions of the panel seemed pro 2a.

I picked up the attached flyer at that event. Interesting reading.

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 05:30:49 AM »
Flyer Number 3 is an out right lie.
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 12:19:01 PM »

as i see it the "gun free zone" keeps the honest people away, and only serves to endanger the kids in our schools.  because it sure as hell don't keep the bad guys and crazy's out .... has to be one of the worst feel good do nothing laws on the books !
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 03:47:32 PM »

Yep, 1997 had an armed assistant principal stop a school shooter with a Colt .45.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/170254/how-assistant-principal-gun-stopped-school-shooter-daniel-greenfield

Though, don't praise the guy too much.  He believes in gun control, despite his actions that day.

Not to mention that if law-abiding citizens aren't permitted to carry on school grounds, then they're not exactly likely to be STOPPING a shooter on school grounds.  It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

People aren't allowed to carry on school grounds, those same people don't stop a school shooter (because they're unarmed due to the law); therefore there hasn't been a lawful gun holder stop a school shooter and thus guns shouldn't be allowed on school grounds.

I mean, it's a merry-go-round of "logic" meant for only one purpose, to push for gun control.

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 05:28:22 PM »
One of these days, someone will stop a mass murderer hand to hand and it won't be pretty. If the murderer even survives, it will be months before he recovers enough to go on trial. It will be interesting to see how the person who stopped him is treated. Will he be hailed as a hero or condemned for using excessive force?