< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Building an AR  (Read 2930 times)

Offline cftj

• NFOA Full Member
Building an AR
« on: April 06, 2018, 06:35:25 PM »
I'm looking at building my own. And have ordered a parts kit.  I'm trying to decide what tools I need to buy, what I could borrow and what I can do without.
if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. - 2 Chronicles 7:14 ESV

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Building an AR
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 06:53:54 PM »
Let us know your location so we can help
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline cftj

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 07:06:17 PM »
Sorry, thought it was already in my profile.  I'm in Lincoln
if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. - 2 Chronicles 7:14 ESV

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 07:32:38 PM »
You need to build upper, lower or both?
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline cftj

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 07:39:42 PM »
I'm building both.   I'm waiting on the jig to complete my lower.  The rest of the parts are supposed to arrive this week.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 07:44:29 PM »
I have the tools....Let me know when you are ready to build and we can arrange a time to put it all together.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline cftj

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 07:52:24 PM »
That's very generous.  Thank you. 

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 07:53:34 PM »
You're welcome
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 08:00:42 PM »
Dan is the man.

#OneMore
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2018, 07:48:15 AM »
Be careful, they have a tendency to multiply.   ;)

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2018, 09:02:15 AM »
With the encouragement of this group, my 12 year old (at the time) built a lower a few years ago. Upper was from PSA. I borrowed the roll pin punches and vice block from a friend and the kid did it all by himself just following along with a YouTube video. Nothing to it.

I wonder if the YouTube video has been purged in their anti-gun frenzy.

Edit.  ....  no it’s still there.  Easy as pie. Like building with legos.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 09:04:16 AM by ILoveCats »
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2018, 06:27:05 PM »
With the encouragement of this group, my 12 year old (at the time) built a lower a few years ago. Upper was from PSA. I borrowed the roll pin punches and vice block from a friend and the kid did it all by himself just following along with a YouTube video. Nothing to it.

I wonder if the YouTube video has been purged in their anti-gun frenzy.

Edit.  ....  no it’s still there.  Easy as pie. Like building with legos.
Dost thou have a link, perchance?
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 06:27:34 AM »
There are numerous ones.   ;) 
Easy peasy.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 06:29:03 PM »
Thank you, kind sir!
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline cftj

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2018, 07:16:27 AM »
Just wanted to publicly thank Dan for his help and tips and tricks.  I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, and I just have a few little things to tidy up, and have a better idea of what I 'need' to have for a successful build.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2018, 11:47:18 AM »
You are welcome...hope it shoots as good as it looks!
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline cftj

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2018, 06:30:38 PM »
I hope to find out soon.

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2018, 06:44:05 PM »
I'd like you to post a range report, always love these builds, kind of addictive.