< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Bumpstock comment period and FOIA about bumpstocks and LV  (Read 6224 times)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Bumpstock comment period and FOIA about bumpstocks and LV
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2018, 10:48:18 AM »
here's a link to the FPC/FPF comment.... it includes a video.

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/fpc-fpf-opposition-atf-bump-stock-ban
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2018, 11:32:56 AM »
last chance to tell the ATF that bumpstocks should NOT be outlawed.

I just recently acquired a rifle that I can "bump stock" without even having a bump stock installed.  Banning bump stocks is just SJW virtue signaling, and will do nothing to decrease crime.  Then again, I believe that automatic rifles should be available for public purchase.

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2018, 11:57:11 AM »
I just recently acquired a rifle that I can "bump stock" without even having a bump stock installed.  Banning bump stocks is just SJW virtue signaling, and will do nothing to decrease crime.  Then again, I believe that automatic rifles should be available for public purchase.

I agree.
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2018, 08:52:48 AM »
Did anyone hear the latest about LV?

Basically the atf DID NOT and were not allowed examine the guns to see if they were illegally modified. This was in a FOIA request.

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/08/las-vegas-bump-stock-foia-response-claims-atf-was-not-allowed-to-examine-weapons/#axzz5OXOrPnjp

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2018, 11:51:21 AM »
Did anyone hear the latest about LV?

Basically the atf DID NOT and were not allowed examine the guns to see if they were illegally modified. This was in a FOIA request.

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/08/las-vegas-bump-stock-foia-response-claims-atf-was-not-allowed-to-examine-weapons/#axzz5OXOrPnjp
Read that, almost like no one wants the whole truth. 

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 07:42:25 PM by eelstrebor1 »

Offline JAK

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2018, 02:54:38 PM »
I just got a e-mail from the Wall Street Journal to complete a survey that turned out to be asking if I actually entered the comments I made regarding the ATF proposed rule change.  They even had a copy of the comment.  Has this happened to anyone else.

John K

Offline hilowe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2018, 03:04:15 PM »
I just got a e-mail from the Wall Street Journal to complete a survey that turned out to be asking if I actually entered the comments I made regarding the ATF proposed rule change.  They even had a copy of the comment.  Has this happened to anyone else.

John K

Yep, just got the email an hour ago.  Literally got to the point where they were asking if the name I input on the ATF website is my name.

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2018, 09:38:13 PM »
They didn't give details of what the survey was about so I didn't do it. I figured it had something to do with bumpstocks.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2018, 07:23:51 AM »
from what i hear on arfcom, the WSJ wanted to make sure the people who commented are real.  i deleted it.

Offline hilowe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2018, 09:33:03 AM »
from what i hear on arfcom, the WSJ wanted to make sure the people who commented are real.  i deleted it.

I'm not on arfcom, and hadn't heard anything about it.

Figured they got my email from me doing some free sign up thing to view an article, which was the only reason I was willing to click the link.

Soon as I saw the comment they were asking about (which I recognized as mine), I started to get suspicious, but got kind of freaked out when they were asking my name and email address.

Read the email closer, at the end, they were going to ask for my phone number and if I'd be willing to be interviewed.

By the way, how did they get my contact info? FOIA request? I started doing searches after I got this email, and found my comment with my name on the bump stock ban, but couldn't find my email address that I used.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2018, 08:05:25 PM »
I'm not on arfcom, and hadn't heard anything about it.

Figured they got my email from me doing some free sign up thing to view an article, which was the only reason I was willing to click the link.

Soon as I saw the comment they were asking about (which I recognized as mine), I started to get suspicious, but got kind of freaked out when they were asking my name and email address.

Read the email closer, at the end, they were going to ask for my phone number and if I'd be willing to be interviewed.

By the way, how did they get my contact info? FOIA request? I started doing searches after I got this email, and found my comment with my name on the bump stock ban, but couldn't find my email address that I used.

I don't know how they got it, possibly an FOIA request.

A couple of people filled it out and said they'd like to be interviewed.