< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: EDC maintenance  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
EDC maintenance
« on: May 06, 2018, 05:45:47 PM »
If you haven't, please check your current carry piece.   I know we have various and sundry things that would make a hoplophobe cringe, however It has come to my attention that plenty of dust, dirt, nastiness reside in our holsters and more importantly clinging to our chosen means of protection.  Just a kindly PSA................ :P

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
Re: EDC maintenance
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 07:21:38 PM »
i just cleaned my Beretta nano 2 weeks ago  ;D
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 08:49:36 PM »
 thats also goes for home defense weapons,  I found a broke firing pin spring in my 870 awhile back
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 05:47:58 PM »
Another important thing to consider, is cycling through your ammo occasionally.  I like to, every 6 months or so, shoot through the ammo I carry and then replace it with new ammo.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 08:47:15 AM »
I change oil in my Glock every few months, and clean all the dust out of it when I do.  And there's usually quite a bit of it.  I've never gone beyond field stripping it, but one of these days I should probably take it all completely apart and give it a good deep cleaning and close inspection.  Or maybe have a gunsmith do it, because of my laziness; Glocks are cheap to have work done on.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.