< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NRA CarryGuard Program in Jeopardy..??  (Read 2014 times)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
NRA CarryGuard Program in Jeopardy..??
« on: May 07, 2018, 12:15:56 PM »
The following article was just now posted on the web:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-07/nra-sues-insurance-broker-behind-carry-guard

Accordingly, it appears that Lockton wants out of the CCW insurance business.  Too many Lefties calling it "Murder Insurance."

Might be that USCCA is the best operable option.  I've seen a side-by-side comparison indicating that USCCA was the preferable program anyhow, despite the fact that the NRA disinvited USCCA to the annual meeting this year, given that NRA had taken up with Lockton.

FWIW,

sfg

Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: NRA CarryGuard Program in Jeopardy..??
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 12:46:52 PM »
Might I suggest the "Original" and site sponsor Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network ....

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 12:57:06 PM »
Insurance is not the best alternative. Legal representation at the appropriate times and expert witnesses to support your case when needed, not after your case has been won....that is what you get with the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

Read about the various plans in this comparison

https://armedcitizensnetwork.org/learn/support-plan-comparison
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 05:49:56 PM »
If I remember correctly, CarryGuard covers you only if you use a firearm to defend yourself. That's a serious omission. You need coverage for all methods. Attacks that justify less than lethal force are far more likely that ones that justify lethal force.

New York State's attack on CarryGuard tends to confirm my suspicion that the primary target is the use of force by private individuals in self defense. Firearms are a target because they are the most effective tool.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 05:59:14 PM by Kendahl »

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 10:32:28 PM »
The following article was just now posted on the web:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-07/nra-sues-insurance-broker-behind-carry-guard

Accordingly, it appears that Lockton wants out of the CCW insurance business.  Too many Lefties calling it "Murder Insurance."

Might be that USCCA is the best operable option.  I've seen a side-by-side comparison indicating that USCCA was the preferable program anyhow, despite the fact that the NRA disinvited USCCA to the annual meeting this year, given that NRA had taken up with Lockton.

I wondered how that would play out when Lockton backed out right after FNBO.

Insurance is not the best alternative. Legal representation at the appropriate times and expert witnesses to support your case when needed, not after your case has been won....that is what you get with the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

Read about the various plans in this comparison

https://armedcitizensnetwork.org/learn/support-plan-comparison
You are correct in that insurance is not the only answer. This is reason I have USCCA it covers me for legal fees, lost wages, and other costs. As well as has the legal network to represent me in case of a self defense incident regardless of the weapon. They also don't make you wait for coverage until a board has determined you aren't at fault. They cover you THEN worry about right or wrong.
You need both legal coverage as well as financial coverage these days.

BTW, the info on that comparison page is out of date and incomplete as far as USCCA goes.
Here is the most current info on what the USCCA programs are comprised of: https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/membership/

** Full disclosure **
I am an USCCA Elite level member, USCCA certified instructor, and USCCA affiliate. I did not use any affiliate links in this post.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 08:42:17 AM »
Sobering......

That is, the very stark fact that you can be put into a state of deep fear or direct threat about death or serious permanent bodily harm to self or loved ones, and
In resolving that threat, you can then face prison, bankruptcy, or both.

Crazy systems we live with. :o

sfg

Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 01:16:41 PM »
In England they'll give the dead thief a fancy funeral and put the home owner who defended himself  in prison for "murder". 

In London this knife in my pocket would make me a criminal.

"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason