General Categories > Help!

Networking Opportunities

<< < (3/4) > >>

shooter:
 you want a sure fire way for a indoor range to make money and draw people, 

you need a 100 yard indoor range for rifles. the first person who does this is going to  be busy as hell,

I get 10% cut for the idea!

bowenusmc:
@ILoveCats you are absolutely correct in your statement that any idea for ANOTHER range in this town has to bring something new and innovative to attract shooters...otherwise why even bother. This is an idea that I have been tossing around for a few years in my head and I just wanted to see what networking opportunities/resources were available if a guy wanted to attempt to get into this business. I do like the idea of bringing a "club" type of atmosphere into the picture. The Bellevue Rod & Gun club comes to mind for a *similar* environment. Nice buildings, outdoor rifle/pistol range, trap and skeet ranges, etc. something to attract people to become members of something and not just another customer. While I have a goatee it is far from "tactical" and I prefer a pair of Levi's over cargo pants and drop leg holsters (I must not be that cool).

@shooter - Yes that would be a great thing indeed!

I really appreciate all of the feedback.

RobertH:

--- Quote from: ILoveCats on May 17, 2018, 01:51:41 PM ---Town of ~26,000, presumably with no modern ranges, and lots of neighboring small towns with gun-friendly, red-state values and interests?  Sounds like a good idea.

I’ve often wondered why nobody starts up a modern gun “club” much anymore. Some place that’s family friendly, with a clubhouse that’s more than a roach-infested shanty.

Golf people have “clubs” that they can go to for food, drink and socialization.  Tennis people have their clubs as well. Gun people need more clubs. Sophisticated enough that you could take the family for dinner or get a good cocktail. Welcoming enough that it’s inclusive for all. A nice, well-maintained property with a combination of indoor ranges plus some outdoor trap and skeet houses.

Shake up the stigma that gun people are either old farts with one foot in the grave, or badass types with tactical goatees. 

At least, that’s my fantasy if I win the lotto.

--- End quote ---

When I first moved, I went to a gun show and talked to several people. They said Norfolk tried to open one, but it just fell through. Lots of farmland, but not much access. I see posts every week on various Facebook groups asking for places to shoot around Norfolk. If I won the lottery.......

Waltherfan:
I worked with a guy that wanted to do a 100 yard range in town. His idea was to build the 100 yard range underground using large sewer pipes. Sounded like a good idea when you think of bench rest shooters trying out a new load or a deer hunter sighting in before deer season.

But then you get "Bubba" wanting to see how many times he can hit the target with his new AR/AK by bouncing rounds off the walls. Others bubba wannabe's trying out shooting positions they saw in a movie etc.

Makes you wonder why anyone would open a range  :o

SemperFiGuy:
We could all chip in and buy Hornady.
ALL of Hornady.

They have a 200yd underground range at their Grand Island facilities.
With lights, of course.
And not really much in the way of crosswind.

But then, it's gettin' so I can't see that far any more.
Anyhow.

FWIW,

sfg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version