< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Biggest threat to America's future  (Read 1660 times)

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Biggest threat to America's future
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 09:28:02 AM »
I've been saying this for a long time.  The liberal press is an army of traitors, using propaganda and big lie campaigns as weapons of political, cultural, and religious war.  Their ridicule and hate campaigns are one of the more conspicuous examples of this, being a technique suggested by Saul Alinsky, but these are only one among many ways their weapons are used. 

This makes them traitors in a very real sense.  If I had my way they would all hang for treason.  After due process of course.

How so many people can be so blind to something so obvious is beyond me. 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 09:56:53 AM »
“The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.”
? Thomas Jefferson

"[The press] has scoffed at religion till it has made scoffing popular. It has defended official criminals, on party pretexts, until it has created a United States Senate whose members are incapable of determining what crime against law and the dignity of their own body is, they are so morally blind, and it has made light of dishonesty till we have as a result a Congress which contracts to work for a certain sum and then deliberately steals additional wages out of the public pocket and is pained and surprised that anybody should worry about a little thing like that.
    I am putting all this odious state of things upon the newspaper, and I believe it belongs there — chiefly, at any rate. It is a free press — a press that is more than free — a press which is licensed to say any infamous thing it chooses about a private or a public man, or advocate any outrageous doctrine it pleases. It is tied in no way. The public opinion which should hold it in bounds it has itself degraded to its own level.
    There are laws to protect the freedom of the press’s speech, but none that are worth anything to protect the people from the press.
    […]
    It seems to me that just in the ratio that our newspapers increase, our morals decay. The more newspapers the worse morals. Where we have one newspaper that does good, I think we have fifty that do harm. We ought to look upon the establishment of a newspaper of the average pattern in a virtuous village as a calamity."
-- Mark Twain

“American journalism (like the journalism of any other country) is predominantly paltry and worthless. Its pretensions are enormous, but its achievements are insignificant.”
? H.L. Mencken

“What you read in the newspapers, hear on the radio and see on television, is hardly even the truth as seen by experts; it is the wishful thinking of journalists, seen through filters of prejudice and ignorance.”
? Hans Jürgen Eysenck, Intelligence: A New Look
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 07:53:46 AM »
MyThink is that taking on the American media is Donald J. Trump's most singular action as POTUS.

Every politician up to the time of DJT has cut and run under pressure from the media.   That is, the politician makes a statement of simple and clear truth, such as connecting illegal immigration to high crime levels.   The media then come down on the politician, who makes a quick "correction,", then an apology, then slinks off into the shadows to lick his wounds.  This behavior pattern seems to be especially true of RINOs.

Donald Trump came out of the gate fearlessly swinging.  He was self-immunized against media slings and barbs.  The media have never recovered.  And let us hope that they never do.

Why does the media behave this way?   It would be worthwhile to examine who owns the media.  [Not who operates it.. Who owns it.]

FWIW,

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 12:47:20 PM »
In the defunct USSR, there were two state organs pretending to be newspapers: Izvestia and Pravda, i.e., "News" and "Truth".   The soviet peasants soon had a saying which described their opinion about news in the USSR:
"There is no truth (pravda) in the news {Izvestia) and no news in the truth"

For the major news media in the USA that is exactly their condition today, and for the same reason: Marxists ran the news in the USSR then and Marxist run the news in the USA now.

Offline Dalamar

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 12:25:03 PM »

Why does the media behave this way?   It would be worthwhile to examine who owns the media.  [Not who operates it.. Who owns it.]

sfg

That's a great way to get called a racist there...
hint: it's always one of the two religions who hate people who aren't of their religion. being divisive hurts their enemies.

It's about time 1a is applied to private platforms of speech, gab was doa thanks to app store bans (goolag/crapple) and twitter, youtube, fb etc are all authoritarian censorship machine cancer.
Wouldn't need to point out who is doing what if it became common knowledge that 99% of social media posts (of both left and right) are automated/paid astroturfing and that dissenting (libertarian/right) voices are completely censored and/or downranked/hidden/shadowbanned.

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 07:46:52 PM »
Politically correct speech is a major problem. You could offend just about anyone with what you say or do. Regardless, you'll have a tough time saying anything negative or anything that's even remotely negative about a "protected" class of people. On the other hand, where is the line drawn? How far can you go when exercising "free" speech? I believe that we're either going to have a dictatorship or a major, "hot", civil war if the attack on the 1A and 2A continues. I think it could happen in my lifetime unless we can get reasonable and realistic people into political office. Term limits for the U.S. Congress would be a good thing except if we did that then we might end up with someone even worse. It would be great if we could get politically neutral justices into the court systems also.
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 08:59:49 PM »
They're trying to take down a president because he's in the wrong party.  We are already in a civil war.
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2018, 05:13:28 PM »
They're trying to take down a president because he's in the wrong party.  We are already in a civil war.

That is one FACT that many seem willing to ignore or deny.  How many conservatives have to be shot by folks fed a constant diet of hate from the Marxists before they realize it is not simply a meds problem.   Even though the Republican baseball game was shot up last year by a Marxist ideologue and several were injured and one nearly killed, Congress still hasn't gotten the hint.  The Left Coast AntiFa has begun arming and target shooting.    They discuss their loss of the "Battle for Berkeley" here:  https://archive.is/7V0lO
ABC won't show this in America, but they did in Austrailia, which has moved much farther Left than we have:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-15/redneck-revolt-and-the-hard-lefts-call-to-arms/9303758