< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Farmer arrested while complying with gun laws in Commiefornia  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180608/california-farmer-has-guns-confiscated-and-faces-felony-charges-after-trying-to-register-rifle

So, just saw this on the NRA-ILA website.  A farmer was attempting to comply with the myriad draconian gun laws, and ended up getting arrested and having all his guns confiscated.

From the article (bold mine):

The KGET report explained that during his attempt to comply with state law, Kirschenmann submitted photos of “an illegally modified” AR-15 to the California DOJ. This prompted an investigation by the DOJ that culminated in a raid of Kirschenmann’s home. Once inside the property, investigators allegedly discovered several unregistered “assault weapons,” a pair of suppressors, and what California terms a “multiburst trigger activator.”

Kirschenmann was arraigned on May 21 and given $150,000 bail. The farmer faces nine felony counts of unlawful possession of an “assault weapon,” two counts of possessing a suppressor, and one charge of possessing a “multiburst trigger activator.” There is nothing in the report to indicate Kirschenmann violated any federal laws or that he has misused his firearms in any manner.

If their goal is to get more gun owners to register, then they're failing miserably.  This will only drive more people to avoid abiding by the law, in order to keep the state out of their business.

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Farmer arrested while complying with gun laws in Commiefornia
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 01:46:04 PM »
You'd think he'd done a little more research before sending pictures.  Are suppressors legal in cali?  I would guess not.

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 10:49:51 PM »
I'm sure glad that I don't live in that ridiculous state. I visited California a couple of times back in the 80's and 90's but I have no desire to visit it again.
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 12:30:49 AM »
I'm sure glad that I don't live in that ridiculous state. I visited California a couple of times back in the 80's and 90's but I have no desire to visit it again.
though i was in the Army stationed at Ft. Irwin Cal for 3 years late 80's. glad it was long ago..

i hear ya their ... i have no desire to even go on vacation again in that state. i did 1 day Uni. Studio & 3 days Disney 20? years ago . back when it was 40 per day per ticket to get in. that state has got so bad i have 0 desire to return for any reason..
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”