< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: River City Gunslingers (Cowboy Fast Draw Club) in Omaha/CB  (Read 979 times)

Offline mikkojay

• Forum Member
River City Gunslingers (Cowboy Fast Draw Club) in Omaha/CB
« on: June 13, 2018, 10:31:51 PM »
Hello All,

My name is Mike North and I would like to extend an open invitation to check out a club here in Omaha/CB that I have become involved with over the past year or so.  The club is called River City Gunslingers, and we are a club dedicated to the sport/hobby/compulsion of Cowboy Fast Draw.

For those who have never heard of Cowboy Fast Draw, it is an organized sport where shooters are able to match their draw speed against opponents using single action six shooters, wax bullets, and electronically controlled targets that measure times down to .001 of a second.  It is sort of like drag racing with a pistol, and is incredibly addictive!  We use 45LC shells that have had the primer hole milled out to accept a 209 shotgun primer.  This is cheap and easy to reload, yet it will propel a wax bullet downrange at approximately 650 FPS.  It comes out to roughly 5 cents a shot, so it's great for folks who like to shoot.

Here is a link to our website: http://www.rivercitygunslingers.com/

We practice on every second and fourth Wednesday of the month at the Williams farm in Honey Creek, IA right off I29 (map on our website).  Our club has a pretty solid base of members, but we would like to grow!  Our membership includes all ages and genders.  Lots of NRA members and 2a friendly folks who enjoy a little friendly competition and perhaps a cool beverage after practice when the guns are safely stowed away.

Our club is affiliated with the national organization (CFDA) which provides insurance for our home range, etc..
Here is a link to the national site with more info about the sport- there are a number of videos and information there:
http://cowboyfastdraw.com/

The following is a quote from the CFDA website that sums up what CFDA is all about: "The Cowboy Fast Draw Association is about "safety first, fun second, and competition third." It's about hand shakes, camaraderie, a man's word, morality and friendship, fair play and honest competition. Our credo is "The Cowboy Way in action and deed"; it requires no explanation."

There is contact information on our website, so if you have any questions, please send us an email!  I have to figure out how to wire up my profile here so that I get notified when new activity on this thread, but I will try to check back periodically to answer any questions that might come up.

Thanks!
Mike aka "Nickel"

Offline mikkojay

• Forum Member
Re: River City Gunslingers (Cowboy Fast Draw Club) in Omaha/CB
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 11:06:52 PM »
One additional bit of info- for anyone who may be interested in checking out one of our practices, we start at 6pm and usually go till 8pm or so.  Second and Fourth Wednesday of each month.  Our club has two "guest" pistols and holsters, and all the ammo, ears & eyes, etc.  We encourage anyone to come give it a try at no cost in order to "dip your toe in the pool" to see if it might be something you're into.  If you just want to watch, that's great too!

Thanks, Mike