< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Sarah Sanders kicked out of restaurant  (Read 1285 times)

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
Sarah Sanders kicked out of restaurant
« on: June 24, 2018, 10:33:48 AM »
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/tom-blumer/2018/06/24/double-standards-abound-after-virginia-restaurant-refuses-serve-sarah

So, apparently the owner of the Red Hen restaurant in Lexington decided to get political.  After Sanders showed up with 7 other people (family members?), the owner pulled her aside and told her that she wasn't welcome, although she graciously ( ::) ) allowed the other members of her party to stay and eat.   Of course, the Washington Compost had to get in on the story, where they made the owner out to be the hero.

She knew Lexington, population 7,000, had voted overwhelmingly against Trump in a county that voted overwhelmingly for him. She knew the community was deeply divided over such issues as Confederate flags. She knew, she said, that her restaurant and its half-dozen servers and cooks had managed to stay in business for 10 years by keeping politics off the menu.

And she knew — she believed — that Sarah Huckabee Sanders worked in the service of an “inhumane and unethical” administration. That she publicly defended the president’s cruelest policies, and that that could not stand.
*bold & italics mine

And yet more evidence of the owners "non-political" stance.
Several Red Hen employees are gay, she said. They knew Sanders had defended Trump’s desire to bar transgender people from the military.

Then she showed great leadership by making the decision on her own....oh, wait.  She didn't.  She put it to a vote.
“Tell me what you want me to do. I can ask her to leave,” Wilkinson told her staff, she said. “They said ‘yes.’ ”

But hey, the owner was so great in not charging them for the order that they never got.
“They offered to pay,” Wilkinson said. “I said, ‘No. It’s on the house.’ ”

To her credit, Sanders didn't get into an argument, she simply said "That's fine" and left, along with the rest of her party (including her husband, whose name the reservation was made under).  She later posted this on Twitter.

Last night I was told by the owner of Red Hen in Lexington, VA to leave because I work for @POTUS and I politely left. Her actions say far more about her than about me. I always do my best to treat people, including those I disagree with, respectfully and will continue to do so

— Sarah Sanders (@PressSec) June 23, 2018

Of course, the left had to go into attack mode because she had the audacity to name the restaurant, despite it being named hours earlier by employees who posted it on Twitter first.

.@PressSec got kicked out of the Red Hen restaurant in Lexington, Va tonight. Apparently the owner didn’t want to serve her and her party out of moral conviction. pic.twitter.com/jr3bfiY3XY

— Brennan Gilmore (@brennanmgilmore) June 23, 2018

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2018/06/23/blue-check-resistance-appalled-sarah-sanders-tweeted-name-of-restaurant-that-kicked-her-out/

Though, I do have to agree with one thing from the link above, I don't believe Sanders should have used her official WH Twitter account to post this.  She should have used a personal one instead.

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Sarah Sanders kicked out of restaurant
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 11:49:38 AM »

Though, I do have to agree with one thing from the link above, I don't believe Sanders should have used her official WH Twitter account to post this.  She should have used a personal one instead.

i think BECAUSE she was kicked out, because of her official white house job. that gave her reason to use the official account. she was not kicked out because she was acting up or drunk, or broke something at the restaurant so why use your personal account for something that was made work related by the restaurant.  she will all so be standing behind the podium at work fielding questions on this i am sure.
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 12:56:37 PM »
I was going to reply to this but then I realized just how political it would become and flame wars would start. Too bad people can't be civil toward each other but I guess this "war" is going to continue for awhile.
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 02:53:46 PM »
i think BECAUSE she was kicked out, because of her official white house job. that gave her reason to use the official account. she was not kicked out because she was acting up or drunk, or broke something at the restaurant so why use your personal account for something that was made work related by the restaurant.  she will all so be standing behind the podium at work fielding questions on this i am sure.

You make a fair point, especially since I found out there may be more to the story.  Mike Huckabee (her father) said on the Laura Ingraham show that the owner followed the rest of Sanders party to another restaurant across the street and staged a protest outside, when Sanders and her husband weren't even there (interview starts around the 22 min mark).

https://www.podcastone.com/episode/LI-Podcast-062518

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 08:58:57 PM »
At the 23:45 mark.
Sarah and her husband went home.  The Red Hen fanatic owner organized a protest outside the place across the street.  Someone in Sarah's party, a liberal, went outside and told the protesters "I'm liberal. I don't like Trump, but what you are doing here embarrasses me!".

Most people, except hardcore SJW Marxists, know when something has gone too far.   A majority of the people in the US are beginning to wake up to the extremism expressed in the actions of Waters, Pelosi, Schumer, DNC Deputy Chair Keith Ellison, etc...  When the "Resist" movement members began leaving burnt and decapitated bodies of animals on the porches of Trump officials you know that the madness has sunk to levels of death threats.   If it continues it can become kristallnacht, except the Conservatives here are heavily armed and well trained to defend themselves against the modern day Nazis, disguised as "AntiFa" or "Resist".