< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: When seconds count police are only minutes away - if they come  (Read 1724 times)

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9ooxE_1531224627

Four minutes later ...
Please come, please ....

The average response time is around 8-9 minutes.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 01:18:02 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline Captdad17

• Former cop, prior military, protective dad. Don't touch my tools or my daughter and we'll get along just fine.
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: When seconds count police are only minutes away - if they come
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 03:35:17 PM »
Fun Fact:  Based on the average response time of police to an active shooter incident, the gunman will have 5-9 minutes to open fire before anyone with the ability to fire back arrives on scene.  FBI and numerous crime-statistics-data-gathering organizations support that claim.  Imagine the impact on that statistic if we had more responsibly armed citizens roaming around, reducing it to mere seconds.

As a father to a teenage daughter, if I ever found out that she was illuminating a potential threat to her safety with her vehicle headlights while only what appears to be a few dozen yards away with no weapon or means to fight back, she'd be grounded.  I've trained her better than that.
When faced with a crisis, ask yourself three questions: Is anyone dead?  Is anyone hurt?  Are there hostages?  If the answer to all three is "No", then calm down, it's not a crisis.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 05:21:19 PM »
How about this doozie!
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/07/staff-writer/customer-goes-home-gets-gun-stops-robbery-before-police-arrive/

It doesn't matter how many guns you have, if you aren't carrying none of them matter.

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 06:22:34 PM »
It's not a question of good or bad police response time. It's a question of adequate or inadequate. If the police arrive in time to prevent harm to the victims, response time was adequate. If not, it was inadequate. With rare exception, we aren't going to get adequate response times until 911 operators communicate via mental telepathy and officers are sent to the scene by Star Trek transporters.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 06:35:10 PM »
 I live out in Saunders county. some nights there may only be 1 deputy on duty, he might be 40 miles away is I would call.

thats why I told my kids when they were little, call the volunteer fire dept, there only a couple of miles away, aint no one going to stay around with those big fire trucks flashing and screaming  the lane
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016