< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: codeisfreespeech.com  (Read 5222 times)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
codeisfreespeech.com
« on: August 05, 2018, 12:20:08 PM »
Anyone print their own lowers yet?  I've downloaded all the files, but haven't printed anything.

Also, Facebook and Instagram are censoring all links and mentions of code is free speech. Twitter is not censoring it

I say share to everyone! Can't stop the signal!
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
Re: codeisfreespeech.com
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 08:30:01 PM »
Put the word out on minds.com and gab.ai

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 02:42:35 PM »
I don't have a need for them (I don't have a 3D printer), but I figure it can't hurt to have them.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 03:16:12 PM »
I don't have a need for them (I don't have a 3D printer), but I figure it can't hurt to have them.

my thoughts exactly.  i don't have a 3D printer either.

remember, technology changes, Rights do not.  if you're social media, web articles are protected under the 1st, then 3D printer files are protected as well.

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 09:43:41 AM »
I do have a 3d printer and I'm not sure I would risk my bodily wellbeing by shooting the liberator -- even once. I might put it in a vice and hide behind a tree and pull a string connected to the trigger... ok, I downloaded it.  :laugh: It might be fun!

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 12:46:28 PM »
I do have a 3d printer and I'm not sure I would risk my bodily wellbeing by shooting the liberator -- even once. I might put it in a vice and hide behind a tree and pull a string connected to the trigger... ok, I downloaded it.  :laugh: It might be fun!

please record your testing.  wanna print one for me?  are you going to the NFOA Annual Meeting, you should print one off and have it there so people can see it!

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 06:34:18 PM »
I'll be at the members meeting and I'd be interested in taking a look and I'm sure others would be as well.   

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 06:52:39 PM »
I'll be at the members meeting and I'd be interested in taking a look and I'm sure others would be as well.   
Second....err, thirded!

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 01:45:21 PM »
I'm not sure I can get it done before the meeting. While his instructions are pretty clear, there's some parts I'll need to get -- like the chunk of metal you have to put in the receiver to comply with the Undetectible Firearms Act of 1988 (silliness).

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 04:21:34 PM »
I'm not sure I can get it done before the meeting. While his instructions are pretty clear, there's some parts I'll need to get -- like the chunk of metal you have to put in the receiver to comply with the Undetectible Firearms Act of 1988 (silliness).

Dimensions of said "Chunk of metal"?

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 05:47:02 PM »
I thought the firing pin was that piece of metal?

Offline Atrus

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2018, 06:27:47 PM »

I was under the impression it's 3.7 oz. of stainless steel.

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2018, 07:19:30 PM »
Still waiting.................

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2018, 07:27:43 PM »
Dimensions of said "Chunk of metal"?
From the instructions:
Once the frame is finished, epoxy a 1.19x1.19x0.99" block of steel in the 1.2x1.2x1.0" hole in front of the trigger guard.  Add the bottom cover over the metal if you don't want it to show.

Once the epoxy has tried, the steel is no longer removable, and is an integral part of the frame.  Now your gun has ~6 ounces of steel and is thus considered a 'detectable' firearm.  So now you can print all the other parts.

Yes, the firing pin is a nail, but my guess is the nail by itself doesn't meet the minimum weight and is also a removeable part of the gun -- it must be integral from what I understand.

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2018, 07:54:36 AM »
Interesting, the metal is simply ballast and not functional.  I suppose one could sandwich 1/4" pieces 1.19x1.19 to get the requisite thickness?  That is, if one was so inclined. 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 07:57:41 AM by Les »

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2018, 07:57:50 PM »
Of course no one wants to make or use a plastic gun. 
However, using DMLS technology a metal gun can and has been made on a 3D printer, FIVE years ago!:
https://www.designboom.com/design/worlds-first-3d-printed-metal-gun-by-solid-concepts-11-08-2013/

Here's an explanation of the process:

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2018, 02:56:37 PM »
Why am I not surprised you found this. Even more surprising is you haven't done this yet if not for the cost.   :D
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2018, 03:28:20 PM »
Why am I not surprised you found this. Even more surprising is you haven't done this yet if not for the cost.   :D

And also not surprising is that YouTube has taken down that Solid Concepts video about the printed 9-11 .45 handgun, just as they are censoring conservative voices and videos about the Bill of Rights, the Constitution, and the Rule of Law, labeling them "hate speech".   At the same time they allow disgusting videos by AntiFa showing them attacking police, persons and property and shouting death to everyone they disagree with.  Somehow, in Marxist theology, that is not hate speech.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2018, 03:54:33 PM »
Of course they did. It is criminal to defend yourself or help others but if you are all about "legitimate change" then everything is fine.

but there is no bias at YouTube, none at all.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2018, 05:57:13 PM »
In a privately owned entity can't they control content?  If I'm not mistaken all the social media platforms we all use are privately held twitter/bookoffaces/instagram/etc.  Why are we surprised when we're silenced/shadow banned.  Does the 1st amendment apply here?   If I owned one of these platforms, I might think I can control content because it's america, and we're free.  Flame suit on................Discussion is of course preferable.   ;D