< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Gun unfriendly business 2  (Read 1252 times)

Offline rnbones

• NFOA Full Member
Gun unfriendly business 2
« on: August 15, 2018, 04:01:43 PM »
A few years ago I noticed a no firearms sign on the entrance to the Conestoga Mall in Grand Island. I went to the Mall office and asked why the sign was there and the answer was to make the mall a safe place. I explained how the sign in fact made the mall much less safe. The lady I was talking to then said it was an insurance requirement. I had expected this answer as there is nothing I could do or say to get around that. I explained that until the no firearm signs came down I would no longer be shopping at the mall and then left. Two nights ago I happened to be at the mall. I had intended to wait outside until my family finished their business in the mall. As I approached the entrance I noticed that the no firearm signs were gone. I don't know when they signs went down but once again the squeaking wheel got the grease. It may take a while but sooner or later complaining about the no firearm signs does produce results. That is 3 places that have removed their no firearm signs after I complained. Slow but sure!!
If you can read this thank a teacher, because it is in English thank a soldier.

Offline Range Mom

• NFOA Board of Directors
    • Incendio Firearms Training
Re: Gun unfriendly business 2
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 08:29:54 AM »
That is really great rnbones.
Trish - NFOA Board President, Founder Incendio LLC

"The possession of arms by the people is the
ultimate warrant that government governs only
with the consent of the governed."

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 07:25:12 PM »
.... I explained how the sign in fact made the mall much less safe. The lady I was talking to then said it was an insurance requirement. I had expected this answer as there is nothing I could do or say to get around that. .....

I explain that by refusing to allow me, a trained and licensed permit holder, to carry a self defense weapon into your business you are saying that you will indemnify me from all harm.   So, if  while patronizing your business I get injured or killed because your sign didn't deter  a mad man or terrorists from carrying a weapon into your store and using it, and you have no armed guards present to protect me, you will assume all my medical expenses and/or funeral expenses, and supply my family the income I would have brought in had I not been injured or killed in your establishment.

Of course, I won't patronize until the sign is taken down.  That goes without saying.

Offline rnbones

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 01:50:46 PM »
In essence that is what I told the lady I was talking to.
If you can read this thank a teacher, because it is in English thank a soldier.