Ammunition & Hand Loading > Cartridge and Shotshell reloading

HEEELLLLP

<< < (2/4) > >>

SemperFiGuy:
I haven't checked out a YouTube video, but I'm guessing it's simply another turret press with a ratchet cycle.

The dies will set up the same as a single-stage press.

I have a weenie little flimsy Lee Pro 1000 progressive that I use for decapping and case belling on pistol ammo and it's fun to work the handle and take it through its cycles.  Over and over and over.

The Hornady does have an interchangeable plate for the shellholder, instead of a single shellholder.

sfg

NE Bull:
Isn't there a NFOA member Reloading course video running around here somewhere?

Sticky McSchnickens:
Thanks for the info.  It's a lot of stuff, and everything is spread out over at least 10 different boxes and tables.  I've been on you tube and it has helped me figure out what is what as far as parts go.
Getting them matched up is the hard part.  There is a couple of different presses, and parts are not interchangeable.  I think some pieces are broken or bent. I will get the tables set up and go from there.  My mechanical aptitude is fair but I am a little overwhelmed at all of the pieces.  I will get back with you guys once the tables are up and everything is separated.  Thank you for reaching out.

SemperFiGuy:
SMcS:

Well, I ran through the official Hornady LNL setup videos on YouTube.
They seem to be quite clear and very step-by-step.

It appears that there are two major parts to this task:
(1)  Putting together the entire progressive press assembly
(2)  Installing and adjusting the reloading dies.
Seems reasonable to attempt the whole thing in that order.

Your task appears to be compounded because you are not working from a brand new press in a factory box, but instead have a mixture of parts of two or more presses, perhaps not all in the very best operating condition.

Seems like a challenging--and possibly fun--task, so long as you don't push it too hard to completion.

FWIW,

sfg

SemperFiGuy:

--- Quote ---Isn't there a NFOA member Reloading course video running around here somewhere?
--- End quote ---

It wuz--wunzt upon a time--a Sticky in the Cartridge and Shotshell Section.
However, since the Forum format conversion, it is no longer there.

And it was a very specialized video about making 9X19 Luger reloads on a single-stage press.

sfg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version