< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Cruz nails it!  (Read 1157 times)

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
Re: Cruz nails it!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 11:51:00 PM »
That was great!

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 10:28:48 AM »
not a fan of cruz .. but you are correct he nailed it on this
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 11:46:26 AM »
Cruz is right about the Democrats intent but I don't believe that Kavanaugh will be as 1A/2A friendly as we would like.
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline sidearm1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 12:13:18 PM »
He's way better then a Pelosi/Schumer pick.  His overall record is outstanding, why start with the "he ain't perfect" stuff.  Consider the alternative.

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 02:52:08 PM »
He's way better then a Pelosi/Schumer pick.  His overall record is outstanding, why start with the "he ain't perfect" stuff.  Consider the alternative.

He left me with the impression that his 2A rulings are going to be in accordance with the "common use" mentality instead of what the Constitution says. And I kinda got the impression that he's an activist judge instead of a Constitutional judge. So, I don't expect much to change. But, he's probably going to be better than what the Democrats would put in that seat.
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 09:02:01 PM »
He left me with the impression that his 2A rulings are going to be in accordance with the "common use" mentality instead of what the Constitution says. And I kinda got the impression that he's an activist judge instead of a Constitutional judge. So, I don't expect much to change. But, he's probably going to be better than what the Democrats would put in that seat.

He is using the "common use" argument  because that is the language of Hell vs DC, the landmark SCOTUS decision on the 2A.  My concealed weapon is in common use, even though I've never had to fire it in self-defense, yet.  Fienstein attacked that "common use" argument, despite what SCOTUS ruled, claiming that if you aren't using it every minute it is not common use.   That's the DEMs new talking point, and the one that the "machinegun mouth" uses on his Twitter account.

Offline LJUnaTIC

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
  • On the Fringe
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 09:44:11 PM »
Swinestein is trying to have it both ways...AR15s  are not in common use yet they are used so often that they must be banned (For the childrens)

Maybe we need to estimate the number of rounds fired by AR15 owners per year with no one injured or property damaged

I'll  bet that number would be very large
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry