< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Coalition wants safe gun storage ordinance in Lincoln  (Read 2289 times)

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
Coalition wants safe gun storage ordinance in Lincoln
« on: September 16, 2018, 09:55:52 AM »
Here is the google cached version of the Lincoln Urinal Star article, because the Urinal is almost entirely behind a paywall now, because they’re bleeding money, because they are a paper by nut job hippies, for nut job hippies.

But I digress.

Safe storage is a good thing of course, but the problem is rarely just access. It’s access combined with liberals trying (and failing) to parent. If everyone followed the tenants set forth in Ayoob’s parenting primer, “Gun-Proof Your Children,” 99.9% of accidental shootings etc would not occur.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:mRo39ovwthIJ:https://journalstar.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/coalition-wants-safe-gun-storage-ordinance-in-lincoln/article_4ad6d823-520b-5314-9a8b-9fbfb124e768.html+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=safari

"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Coalition wants safe gun storage ordinance in Lincoln
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 10:03:47 AM »
I remember Ashford submitted a bill requiring this in the state legislure..... Not a single proponent. It was in response to an OPD cops kid or something.

Just another way to restrict your right to self defense. Remember, they know no bounds on restrictions and want to eliminate personal responsibility.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 11:59:48 AM »
Safe storage is a good thing of course, but the problem is rarely just access. It’s access combined with liberals trying (and failing) to parent. If everyone followed the tenants set forth in Ayoob’s parenting primer, “Gun-Proof Your Children,” 99.9% of accidental shootings etc would not occur.

Absolutely, take the mystery away. 

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 10:34:09 PM »
Sheesh, even with the archived version, I still had to click the "text only" version to read it.  It kept detecting Adblock Plus and was kicking me off the article.  In any event, I'm going to make it a point to get off work early so I can be at that council meeting.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2018, 11:04:44 PM »
She also has been contacted by people caring for aging parents with guns in the home, she said.   The parent might have no business owning a firearm, but unless the person is declared mentally incompetent, there's no way to keep them away from firearms.

"might have no business owning a firearm"?    Say's who, and with what authority that would override the 2nd Amendment? 

https://nypost.com/2017/11/30/video-captures-thugs-vicious-attack-on-elderly-man/

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/thug-brutally-knocks-elderly-man-11436469

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/02/12/elderly-woman-unprovoked-attack/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/12/02/protests-sparse-after-pack-hammer-wielding-teens-beats-man-to-death-in-shadow.html

"But the city hasn't asked gun owners to do their part by keeping guns out of the hands of people who shouldn’t have them,” she said.

And why should they?  There are enough laws on the books that infringe the 2nd Amendment.  And, why do all the laws punish the lawful gun owners?  Because that's the purpose of these types of proposals.  Every infringement is always called "reasonable".

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 08:07:25 AM »
 "Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
- Daniel Webster

That site doesn't like my ad blocker either.
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 09:42:44 AM »
I'm definitely getting off work early, so I can make it there and ensure my voice is heard.  I've already made arrangements with my boss.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2018, 09:55:27 AM »
Didn't the Heller decision strike down storage requirements?  The city may be setting themselves up for a big lawsuit.

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2018, 10:05:29 AM »
Didn't the Heller decision strike down storage requirements?  The city may be setting themselves up for a big lawsuit.

To be fair, this is just a group speaking at the council to propose a measure, it's not a measure being voted on by the council.

A coalition of Lincoln residents who believe the city should require gun owners to responsibly store their guns in their homes will bring their case to the Lincoln City Council later this month.

The idiots actually believe that being forced to store your guns in a safe, means it won't impact your safety.

There's no evidence to indicate safe-storage laws impact a gun owner's ability to use their gun at home, {Amanda Gailey, president of Nebraskans Against Gun Violence} said.

Apparently, there's several examples of so-called "safe storage" laws according to the Urinal Star article.

Massachusetts is the only state that mandates all guns be locked up. Other states require a firearm be locked up if its owner lives with someone not allowed to possess a gun, and some states have negligent storage laws, which make parents criminally liable for crimes committed with firearms by their children.

This summer, Seattle passed a safe-storage ordinance that requires guns be kept in a locked container. The National Rifle Association has filed a lawsuit to block the ordinance.

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 08:38:25 PM »
KLIN radio’s Coby Mach just posted on Facebook, “Testifiers wanting a gun safe storage law have overwhelmed those opposed. So far only 2 who oppose. Planned parenthood supports the law -says guns are a reproductive health issue.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 09:28:28 PM »
KLIN radio’s Coby Mach just posted on Facebook, “Testifiers wanting a gun safe storage law have overwhelmed those opposed. So far only 2 who oppose.

Initially that was true, but more and more got up afterwards to stand for our rights.  There were at least 10 people that I counted (including myself), and some more who were in line when I finally left the chambers.

Planned parenthood supports the law -says guns are a reproductive health issue.[/b]”

Yeah, I was ~3 people behind her, and nearly burst out laughing when I heard her say that.  It took all my restraint to avoid making a scene by busting a gut laughing.

Offline Range Mom

• NFOA Board of Directors
    • Incendio Firearms Training
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2018, 01:16:01 PM »
Council woman Cindy Lamm and several callers did an outstanding job discussing the ramifications of this required storage idea on Coby Mach's program

https://t.co/mWtjah9cKk?amp=1
Trish - NFOA Board President, Founder Incendio LLC

"The possession of arms by the people is the
ultimate warrant that government governs only
with the consent of the governed."

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2018, 01:49:48 PM »
Council woman Cindy Lamm and several callers did an outstanding job discussing the ramifications of this required storage idea on Coby Mach's program

https://t.co/mWtjah9cKk?amp=1
Agreed, good interview.