< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Ben Sasse won't commit to supporting Kavanaugh  (Read 3058 times)

Offline LJUnaTIC

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
  • On the Fringe
Ben Sasse won't commit to supporting Kavanaugh
« on: September 25, 2018, 06:30:15 PM »
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/09/here-are-the-10-republican-senators-who-have-not-yet-committed-their-vote-for-kavanaugh-call-them/

Call him !

Maine Senator Susan Collins -office number 202-224-2523
Tennessee Senator Bob Corker office number 202-224-3344
Arizona Senator Jeff Flake – office number 202-224-4521
Wyoming Senator Michael Enzi – office number 202-224-3424
Oklahoma Senator James Lankford – office number 202-224-5754
Kansas Senator Jerry Moran – office number 202-224-6521
Alaska Senator Lisa Murkowski – office number 202-224-6665
Nebraska Senator Ben Sasse office number 202-224-4224
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
Re: Ben Sasse won't commit to supporting Kavanaugh
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 08:29:18 AM »
Sasse....a never Trumper.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 09:21:15 AM »
Sasse....a never Trumper.

Sasse ... an "If I never do anything, I can't do anything wrong-er."

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 05:22:40 PM »
While watching some of Judge Kavanaugh's Judiciary Committee confirmation hearing when Sen. Sasse was questioning him, I'd be hard pressed to opine he wouldn't support him. 

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2018, 10:46:54 AM »
Sasse  is to the Right of Collins, Murkowski, Portman, Graham and a few others.  He is to the Left of most other Republicans, except John McCain.  They  reside on the same meridian.

On Sept 17th of this year he introduced 6 bills, all of which are good ideas, like closing the exemption Congress has of benefiting from insider trading.  After setting in on closed hearings with moguls of industry the sight of Congressmen phoning their brokers is common.  This is how Congressmen who have accumulated an average of $300K net worth after 15 years in the public sector suddenly become worth $4M after 2-4 years in Congress.
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/benjamin_sasse/412671

He chastised Republicans who voted for a repeal of Obamacare 15 months ago, which Obama vetoed, but voted against it after they had the voting power to pass it.
https://www.omaha.com/livewellnebraska/health/sen-ben-sasse-rebukes-republican-colleagues-who-voted-against-health/article_d3c5b418-7266-11e7-add6-d79b6136b3ec.html
Those who voted against it are the classic RHINOS.

In another post I linked to an 11 min YT video in which Sasse lays out eloquently the primary problem that has plagued Congress for the last couple decades, leading to our present debacle.  It's worthy of another link:

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2018, 08:50:13 PM »
Thanks a Whole Big Bunch, GG:

Ben Sasse was the only part I missed during the entire day, so your video posting has filled in that hole, and nicely.

As seen in the vid, he's exceptionally articulate.   And he has a clear understanding of the intended structure of the Federal government and the role of each branch within it.

I have other thoughts on Ben Sasse as well, but we have here a Firearms Forum, so I shall lay out those thoughts elsewhere.   Breitbart, maybe.

Thanks again.

sfg

Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2018, 08:59:55 AM »
That last video is must-watch TV for any kids wanting to know how the three branches are supposed to work. Sasse is a modern day Cicero and hopefully he fares better in his later years.  :laugh:  He’s going to run for POTUS I guarantee it.

If y’all haven’t read his book on the “vanishing American adult”, then you need to ASAP. One of the most brilliant and timely books of this decade.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 01:05:16 PM »
He talks a lot but doesn't do anything.
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2018, 08:34:57 PM »
He talks a lot but doesn't do anything.
Still miles ahead of whomever the other side fields, imho.  And don't forget, we have slim pickin's here in purple country.  That's always a factor. 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 08:38:43 PM by Les »

Offline justsomeguy

• Defender of the Constitution
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2018, 09:01:37 PM »
Still miles ahead of whomever the other side fields, imho.  And don't forget, we have slim pickin's here in purple country.  That's always a factor. 

And that, my friends, is why this state is purple.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are." - Marcus Aurelius

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2018, 11:25:30 AM »

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2018, 03:41:16 PM »
I'd like a candidate that was more conservative too, but you'd have to admit in the last 40 years the pickens have been slim.  Ok, so who'd you prefer?  Ms. Raybould?

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2018, 08:47:33 PM »

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kristine-marsh/2018/10/15/behar-hostin-try-shame-ben-sasse-over-kavanaugh-vote-did-you-not

In other news about Sasse, he went on The View to promote some new book of his, and of course was harassed and harangued over his vote for Kavanaugh.  Why anyone would intentionally go on that show is beyond me.  I get that sometimes it's necessary to go into the lion's den, but willfully appearing on The Spew is akin to dousing yourself in animal fat, standing naked in front of the lion and daring it to eat you.  It's not a matter of if it will attack, but when.

And rather than just state that Ford's testimony wasn't credible and that's why he voted for Kavanaugh; he tried to virtue signal with the MeToo movement and defend his vote, by appealing to their compassion.

News flash Ben: they don't have any compassion, especially not for the likes of you.

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2018, 03:25:40 PM »
Will republican never learn they can't make nice with leftists. 
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason