< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Over 400 Guns Stolen From Tenn. UPS Facility  (Read 2301 times)

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
Over 400 Guns Stolen From Tenn. UPS Facility
« on: October 02, 2018, 10:28:01 AM »
i hope no one ordered a gun a few days ago lol what i want to know is how a u-haul drives in past security and takes 400 + boxes with now one questioning them.. this smells of inside job. or an X employee .. because this place would have a few hundred thousand boxes and would take hours to find them unless you know where to look. how to dress to fit in.

Hundreds of guns have been stolen from a UPS facility in Memphis, Tennessee, in what authorities fear is one of the biggest firearm thefts in U.S. history.

Two male suspects are being sought after a “substantial amount” of guns were stolen from the facility on 30 September, the Memphis Police Department said in a statement.

The men are accused of using a U-Haul truck to steal an estimated 400 weapons from the UPS facility on Brooks Road.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/over-400-guns-stolen-from-tenn-ups-facility/ar-BBNPp9j?li=BBnb7Kz to read the full story
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Over 400 Guns Stolen From Tenn. UPS Facility
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 11:21:35 AM »
Gotta be an inside job.  Someone tipped them off.

Offline DanSt

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 11:29:17 AM »
Another sad example of how laws that are only a burden on lawful gun owners, do nothing to keep guns out the the hands of those who the city, state, or federal government says cant have them.

I wonder if the listings on gunbrokerdotcom are about to increase. At the very least once the ATF and DOJ thinks they have a list of serial numbers, even if partial, it should be available not only to law enforcement, but to the public, to avoid buying one in a face to face sale. Seller wants to know who we are, but do we always know who we are buying from?

If a Dem POTUS had gotten in, it sure would have smelled like a false flag event,  to get some more restrictive gun laws passed.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 02:40:49 PM »
Be On the Lookout for a Guy That Looks Like Eric Holder.
His Accomplice Will Resemble Any One of the 37-Most-Wanted Drug Cartel Leaders Listed on WiKiPedia.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 03:21:40 PM »
Be On the Lookout for a Guy That Looks Like Eric Holder.

HAH!  I had the exact same thought.  Do we know where Eric Holder was at the time in question?

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 06:40:42 PM »
 they found the guns, arrested 2 looking for 2 more.

they were headed to chicago,

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/about-400-guns-stolen-ups-facility-tennessee-n915791

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 12:22:27 AM »
Has anyone been to a UPS shipping depot, it's a trucking company there is no security.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2018, 03:51:07 PM »
Has anyone been to a UPS shipping depot, it's a trucking company there is no security

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............................................

Evocative.

And I been payin' good money to DEGuns, Cabelas, Guns Unlimited, and a Whole Buncha Folks on Armslist/Nebraska.
Not to mention this here present Forum.

Anybody Know What Days the Kimbers Come In...............??

Just Sayin'..

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2018, 09:58:33 PM »
The suspects fled the scene upon being questioned by police, leaving behind a U-Haul van filled with an estimated 364 Ruger caliber firearms.
Ruger caliber? Wuzzat?!?
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2018, 07:14:29 AM »
Ruger caliber? Wuzzat?!?
Mali:  It's right there, LookinAtCha

.364 Ruger

Ruger's Latest Wildcat Caliber.   I guess Ruger's gone Wildcat, Whatever.

sfg
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 09:06:17 AM by SemperFiGuy »

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2018, 09:13:17 PM »
How old is that caliber?
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 06:14:26 AM »
Actually, you CAN get a .364 Ruger.

Becoz: .364 inches is the diameter of the 9X18 Makarov caliber.   [Russian-style land-to-land measurement.]   And the 9X18 Makarov has been around since 1946.

And....Lone Wolf makes a replacement barrel in 9X18 Makarov for the Ruger LCP .380ACP carry-handgun platform.  But the 9X18 Makarov is not so potent as the 9X19 Luger.   (20K PSI vs 33K PSI chamber pressure.)

Since my compact Ruger Little Cute Pistol is one of my summer carry configurations, it might just be fun to check around on the web for some shooter who is now tired of messing with his Lone Wolf Makarov setup and work out a deal.

sfg
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 08:35:55 PM by SemperFiGuy »