< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Cyndi Lamm is running for Lincoln Mayor  (Read 2546 times)

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
Cyndi Lamm is running for Lincoln Mayor
« on: October 21, 2018, 08:49:12 AM »
Coby Mach reporting that she just announced. We need this to happen.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline Opusnbill7

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Cyndi Lamm is running for Lincoln Mayor
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 12:20:29 PM »
Nope.  I can't trust someone who makes up "studies" to support her agenda, even if she is Pro-2A.  She's already lost my trust (not that I trust any of them much to be honest).

Offline cftj

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 12:55:20 PM »
I'm a little on the fence.  She voted for the bump stock ban, even though she said she didn't think it would do any good, but she had spoken against the safe storage push.

I know some people who are behind her running and have met her a few times. But haven't made up my mind.
if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. - 2 Chronicles 7:14 ESV

Offline LJUnaTIC

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
  • On the Fringe
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 04:06:15 PM »
This is inside baseball stuff, but in order to bring a motion to reconsider a vote you must have voted for the ordinance and my sources say the plan is (was?) to bring it back up at some point...but there has been no recent action on this as far as I know.

Anyway that is my opinion on why the vote was unanimous.
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Offline LJUnaTIC

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
  • On the Fringe
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 04:16:57 PM »
Nope.  I can't trust someone who makes up "studies" to support her agenda, even if she is Pro-2A.  She's already lost my trust (not that I trust any of them much to be honest).

With a liberal majority and mayor in the way, any direct attack has failed before it begins, so other methods  are used to try and move the needle to the right. Not saying it is good or bad...but until we swing the balance of power to our liking we are not going to prevail outside of a court challenge, which BTW has recently been going in our favor versus Lincoln's overreaching gun possession ordinance cebacle.
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 05:33:45 PM »
With a liberal majority and mayor in the way, any direct attack has failed before it begins, so other methods  are used to try and move the needle to the right. Not saying it is good or bad...but until we swing the balance of power to our liking we are not going to prevail outside of a court challenge, which BTW has recently been going in our favor versus Lincoln's overreaching gun possession ordinance cebacle.

Two steps toward the Consitution and one step back is better than NO steps toward the Constitution.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 07:43:42 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 06:50:27 PM »
This is inside baseball stuff, but in order to bring a motion to reconsider a vote you must have voted for the ordinance and my sources say the plan is (was?) to bring it back up at some point...but there has been no recent action on this as far as I know.

Anyway that is my opinion on why the vote was unanimous.
Interesting synopsis. 

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 09:47:07 AM »
I'm not wild about her, but she'd certainly be better than our current mayor. 

On a side note, Beutler is a dope.  He and the Governor both spoke at our company when we opened up a new office.  Beutler couldn't be bothered to figure out how to pronounce the names of our founders or to even get the name of the company correct (it's not a hard one).  He acted like he couldn't have cared less whether he was there.  Ricketts did a great job and actually gave the impression that he was glad to be part of the event.