< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Heatgun vs Cartridge  (Read 1679 times)

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
Heatgun vs Cartridge
« on: October 30, 2018, 08:32:03 PM »
it may not be the safest thing in the world, but it is entertaining. Here is what happens when a heatgun is pointed at a round and left to cook it.

The Loctite at the end is an ongoing gag with his viewers about how much he uses it.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: Heatgun vs Cartridge
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 12:51:19 PM »
Interesting.........

And when the rounds are tossed into a campfire, bystanders are more likely to get whacked by flying brass than by flying bullets, since the brass tends to fly further than the bullet when cartridges explode in a campfire.

Also, there are some very interesting YouTube vids of Curious Fellows doing strange things with ammunition, firearms, etc:
Things like shooting a roll of dimes out of a 12 gauge shotgun.
And spark plugs.
Shooting Glocks underwater...
Tricks with Tannerite in its many forms...
etc.
etc.

Best to watch this stuff on YouTube than to try it yourself.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 04:40:31 PM »
I'm surprised tannerite is still sold. 

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 05:12:03 PM »
I'm surprised tannerite is still sold.

Legal to purchase.

But actual usage...........that's a whole 'nuther story.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 05:30:40 PM »
Tannerite is legal to sell in Nebraska. It is the action of mixing it that takes you into the out of bounds area, unless you have a license for explosives. Other states have no problem with it. I was messing with it in Montana when I was vacation this year. still love it dearly.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 07:16:04 AM »
you'd be surprised by how many people do not know it is illegal to use tannerite without the correct permit in NE.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline StuartJ

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 01:41:03 PM »
My sister wanted me to get some tannerite a couple years ago for Independence Day, I looked it up and didn't buy any since none of us has an explosive license.

hickok45 has a video in which be puts a cartridge in a pot and sets it on a fire.  If I recall right the pot wasn't even dented.  He did say not to throw a cartridge directly into the fire.
"I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers.”
-- George Mason