< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Amateur Radio  (Read 2204 times)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Amateur Radio
« on: November 03, 2018, 08:17:55 PM »
I passed my Tech and General tests today!

Pretty excited.

Can't wait to try out my Baofeng radios with my NV helmet.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Greybeard

• Bronze Benefactor
  • Live Free or Die!!
Re: Amateur Radio
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 09:03:15 PM »
Congratulations on your success. Hope your call sign shows up quickly in the FCC database.  73 de WØCHF !!
WØCHF

Offline cftj

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 08:09:38 PM »
Congrats. I think I'm up for renewal soon.  I don't really use it since I sold my Jeep.
if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. - 2 Chronicles 7:14 ESV

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 08:17:57 PM »
Congratulations!
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 04:15:42 PM »
Wn5VSX was active between 1965-1968 while studying electronics in grad school, but not much since then.  Used a Heathkit 60Watt CW transmitter into a 15'  cubical quad antenna.  The receiver was a Swan double sideband.    It got a 5X9 in Tokyo, Japan.  Then I turned to QRP and tried working all states with a 1 watt xmitter.    Never going beyond the "Novie" level I used Morse code on my home built paddle. 

After graduating I began teaching at York College and it took too much time to continue with Ham Radio.    In 1987 I found a new hobby that allowed me to mix my hobby and work into one: personal computers.    Ham radio took a real hit when Citizen Band radio caught on.  People were feeding illegal high powered xmitters into double dipoles on their trucks.  Cell phones destroyed the CB market, and that is where we are today.  From almost anywhere on the planet one can talk to another person anyplace else on the planet, and to a few orbiting above.

I'm following the vlog, "Gone with the Wynns", of a young couple who sold their business and home and bought a 52 ft catamaran to sail the world.  Out in the middle of the Pacific they were able to phone home.

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 04:55:45 PM »
Congrats de N0SQ.
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline nebraska5

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 01:50:07 AM »
Here is My Amateur Radio Mobile Pak -  CB Mobile Radio, High Freq Ham, & Lower Freq Ham  ;D