< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Great read if you have the attention span  (Read 2349 times)

Offline LJUnaTIC

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
  • On the Fringe
Great read if you have the attention span
« on: November 20, 2018, 02:51:07 PM »
THE 2ND AMENDMENT IS OBSOLETE, SAYS CONGRESSMAN WHO WANTS TO NUKE OMAHA

Larry Correia

http://monsterhunternation.com/2018/11/19/the-2nd-amendment-is-obsolete-says-congressman-who-wants-to-nuke-omaha/
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Great read if you have the attention span
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 04:09:19 PM »
Dang, you beat me too it.  Read that this morning, and it is a good read and well worth anyones time. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 04:29:51 PM by Les »

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 04:09:30 PM »
very good article, please take the time to read it, then go out and buy more ammo,,
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 09:53:08 AM »
Pretty much anything by Larry Correia is worth reading.

Offline nebraska5

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 01:24:01 PM »
What Can We DO ABOUT IT? Brainstorm

Offline LJUnaTIC

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
  • On the Fringe
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2018, 02:38:23 PM »
What Can We DO ABOUT IT? Brainstorm

About what? Be specific
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 02:46:27 PM »
Good questions from both of you. I would be love to hear Nebraska5's thought on what we should do about it, personally.

Me, I am going to be very careful on who I vote for, specific on the skills I learn, what information I provide to other people, and keep my ear to the ground.

I hope there is never an opportunity for another civil war to break out, but likewise I agree that it would not go well for the Government if they tried to take all the guns.

The author mentioned that the intelligent left leaning poloticians play it close to the vest and "boil the frog" and those are the actions we need to be diligent to prevent. The slow whittling away of our rights because "it's just a bump stock and who really likes those anyway."

If you are a member of the NFOA and are reading the forums you are more active than 90+% of the other members of this organization. Take the time to go out and "preach the Gospel" to others that believe the Constitution is more than just a piece of paper some nice men wrote several hundred years ago. Although I believe they should join the NFOA it is more important that they are aware and active in defending their rights against the slow crawl of "Common Sense Legislation" that we have been subjected to in the past few years.

Take up pen/keyboard and don't be afraid to speak up about your rights and the fact that everyone else has those rights as well. I know you can't go down to the capital building for every bill, but I promise you that the NFOA Legislative committee will be posting about the ones that matter. I went to my first session earlier this year and I learned a VERY important lesson. Even if you don't speak at the session, you do register as for or against the bill and they are paying attention to that as well as the volume of emails, phone calls, and snail mail that comes into their office.

Did you know that one state senator quietly asked our Board to have our members please stop contacting them on a bill because the volume of contacts was so high? Yeah, they got the message that time. Were you part of that?

I am leaving office as  Board member in a very few days, but I have to say that the biggest thing I take away from my tenure serving the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association is that we need more people to be actively supporting the rights of all Nebraskans.

So great question, Nebraska5. Great question.

My answer is simply step up and say something. You don't have to be an eloquent speaker, it helps, but that's Rod's forte, and our legislative team can help you craft your message if you need help. You just need to be willing to give a passionate, logical statement and let your voice be heard.

'Nuff said.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 08:36:28 PM by Mali »
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2018, 03:41:02 PM »
What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Don't for a minute think that when you contact a State Senator it falls on deaf ears, might seem like it often but they get it if we do our job.  BTW Andy, I got a kick out of that too.