< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: City bans toys  (Read 1372 times)

Offline Dave1215

• Lead Benefactor

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: City bans toys
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 09:58:16 PM »
Whew! I can sleep better knowing that toy guns cannot be carried in Sewer City.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 06:41:54 AM »
Talk about over reaching and over reacting. There are a whole 50 deaths each year in this nation of 329,085,583.  I can't event calculate the percent of the total population because the calculator laughed at me.
Just insane.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 09:10:08 AM »
What are y'all wound up about? Lincoln NE has had those same laws on the books since the '90s!
Oh, that's right, it's just Lincoln who cares? And the only chance we have to get them removed is Cyndi Lamm, but OMYGERD! She played ball for future gains and voted against your precious F'n bumstocks, so you rather keep voting the same knee jerk reaction 'law makers' in.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 05:48:11 PM »
Not in my case. I wasn't aware that Lincoln has the same ordinance in place. It doesn't surprise me however. Regarding Cindy Lamm, I am aware of what she did and why and I am certainly not upset with her as she is our next hope for that city.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 09:59:45 AM »
TITLE 9 PUBLIC PEACE AND WELFARE
Chapter 9.36 WEAPONS
9.36.060 Toy Guns or Slingshots That Discharge Dangerous Missiles Not to be Carried.
It shall be unlawful for any person to carry about his or her person any toy pistol, toy gun, or other toy arm or arms, or slingshot, out of or by which any leaden or other dangerous missiles may be discharged. (Ord. 15625 §6; July 9, 1990: P.C. §9.28.050: Ord. 3489 §9-104; July 6, 1936).

My bad- since 1936, last amended in 1990
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 10:02:24 AM »
TITLE 9 PUBLIC PEACE AND WELFARE
Chapter 9.36 WEAPONS
9.36.070 Minors Not to be Furnished With Toy Guns or Slingshots That Discharge Missiles.
It shall be unlawful for any parent, guardian, or other person having the care and custody of any minor, to purchase for or give to any such minor or knowingly to permit any such minor to have any toy pistol, toy gun, or other toy arm or arms, or slingshot, out of which any leaden or other dangerous missiles may be discharged. (Ord. 15625 §7; July 9, 1990: P.C. §9.28.060: Ord. 3489 §9-105; July 6, 1936).

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2018, 12:26:25 PM »
Hmm, did they define "dangerous missles" somewhere or do Nerf (c) darts count as well? I can just see them banning Nerf (c) guns as well.