< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Ricketts would be open to Stand Your Ground Law  (Read 1431 times)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Jito463

• Site Administrator
Re: Ricketts would be open to Stand Your Ground Law
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 08:09:41 PM »
https://journalstar.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/ricketts-open-to-stand-your-ground-gun-law/article_ca50415f-8f4c-54f4-a46a-e2da32225902.html
About time.  I know there was a state senator a few years ago that tried to push for it, but it never went anywhere to my knowledge (or maybe that was the "castle doctrine" bill I'm thinking of).  If we can get that, then we just need full state reciprocity (not just for concealed carry holders) and Constitutional conceal carry (with no registration requirements tied to it), then we'd be sitting pretty well.  I'm sure there's something I'm overlooking, but that's what springs to mind immediately.

Oh, I remember now.  Get rid of the nonsensical "no gun zones", whereby otherwise law abiding citizens get turned into felons.  That should round it out, I would think.

Offline nebraska5

• NFOA Full Member

Offline Les

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 09:10:40 AM »
About time.  I know there was a state senator a few years ago that tried to push for it, but it never went anywhere to my knowledge (or maybe that was the "castle doctrine" bill I'm thinking of).  If we can get that, then we just need full state reciprocity (not just for concealed carry holders) and Constitutional conceal carry (with no registration requirements tied to it), then we'd be sitting pretty well.  I'm sure there's something I'm overlooking, but that's what springs to mind immediately.

Oh, I remember now.  Get rid of the nonsensical "no gun zones", whereby otherwise law abiding citizens get turned into felons.  That should round it out, I would think.

If memory serves that was former Sen. Christensen from Imperial that brought that up. 

Offline eelstrebor1

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 05:49:03 PM »
I was surprised to find out how poorly rated Nebraska is when it comes to firearms laws. I guess the lack of SYG is among the reasons.
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 08:01:44 PM »
I was surprised to find out how poorly rated Nebraska is when it comes to firearms laws. I guess the lack of SYG is among the reasons.

I prefer to call it the lack of good voters.

I've always hated the Unicams no-party BS.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official