General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

Saying adieu to Windstream

<< < (3/3)

Mali:
I work for a MSP (Managed Services Provider) which means we are the IT department for our client customers. I spend a lot of time talking to the support desk for all the various ISPs our customers have and have to say that your experience is not unlike what we get when calling them.
I will tell you that when it comes to the Lincoln area we we do not like talking to Spectrum (lately they have been missing scheduled service calls and then saying they will reschedule for 3 days later) but they have been having a lot of outages in their area recently.
Allo is fairly new, but we have not had a lot of calls to have them work on something. When we do they seem to be very responsive.
Windstream is always a struggle to get them to look at something and will eventually they will do what we ask and learn that we were right.
CenturyLink is OK, but sometimes their support team struggles to get things fixed.
Basically, none of the companies do well in the tech support area but Allo seems to do the best for service provided.

Good luck with the new vendor and I am sure it can only get better.

SemperFiGuy:

--- Quote ---...none of the companies do well in the tech support area .....
--- End quote ---

Likewise, none of my companies ever seem to be set up for either customer service or tech support.

However, they are SuperPerformers at billing and collections.

Especially the overbilling-with-nary-a-refund-in-your-lifetime.   Nor any allowances for outages of any kind.

sfg

StuartJ:
The problem is never on their end. According to them.  They're answer is always "reboot the modem" as if you hadn't done that multiple times before you called. If that fixed the problem wouldn't need to call them.  The problem is always at their end and they never want to acknowledge it.

Jito463:
After arguing repeatedly with Spectrum that they don't need to come inside (they just need to hook up the lines in the box outside), they finally acquiesced after I gave the impression I'd sooner abandon switching to them than deal with their nonsense any more.  All of sudden, the customer service rep realized that he could assign a tech to simply hook up the cable, without needing to come inside.  Well, golly gee.

Needless to say, I'm not impressed from the start with Spectrum's CS, but at least it's working now.  Clocking 485 Mbits down and 23.06 Mbits up, as opposed to my old Windstream connection of 12 Mbits down and ~640 Kbits up (yes, not even 1 Mbit).  Gonna wait a few days to make sure it's stable, then I'm cutting ties with Windstream once and for all.

Mali:
Like I said, none of them are that great in the customer service department.  ;)

Glad you finally have better service.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version